EZdok - External model in virtual cockpit view

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
HJP
Airman Basic

EZdok - External model in virtual cockpit view

Post by HJP »

Hello everyone! :)

I installed EZdok recently and I'm having a very strange issue. When I load up a flight the virtual cockpit works fine.. I can create new cameras, edit them, cycle between them, pan around with MMB, etc.. But once I switch to any aircraft view camera and back to a virtual cockpit one, the plane model doesn't switch back to the internal one and keeps using the external one. The camera is inside the mesh with the pilot's model visible. The only way to fix it is to reload the flight.

I've been searching for a solution but all I'm finding is the one where people get stuck with the internal model in the aircraft view, resulting in missing parts of the plane like the nose wheel, etc.. But nothing about it happening the other way around like this. Anyone has an idea what's causing this?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: EZdok - External model in virtual cockpit view

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Might be best to ask the ezdok guys whats happening if no one here can help. I'm sure community member Nick will be along shortly if not whilst I type this give some input as I know hes an EZDOK power user so to speak, so if anyone can help here with an Ezdok specific issue it'll be Nick.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

HJP
Airman Basic

Post by HJP »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Might be best to ask the ezdok guys whats happening if no one here can help. I'm sure community member Nick will be along shortly if not whilst I type this give some input as I know hes an EZDOK power user so to speak, so if anyone can help here with an Ezdok specific issue it'll be Nick.

thanks,
Lewis
I reinstalled EZdok again and that seems to have fixed it. I already reinstalled it 3 times with no results yesterday, but looks like the 4th time did it for some reason. :D

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

I was a bit slow on the draw with this one chaps but glad you're sorted HJP! :) Just be aware that EZdok will tend to make edits to the aircraft.cfg file which will disable the A2A pre-flight inspection views shifts. More info on working round this issue can be seen here.

Cheers,
Nick

HJP
Airman Basic

Post by HJP »

Nick M wrote:I was a bit slow on the draw with this one chaps but glad you're sorted HJP! :) Just be aware that EZdok will tend to make edits to the aircraft.cfg file which will disable the A2A pre-flight inspection views shifts. More info on working round this issue can be seen here.

Cheers,
Nick
Ah, I already ran into the walk around issue and the solution in your link fixed it. Thanks! :)

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”