My New Cherokee 180 for P3D

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
TPGulch
Airman Basic

Post by TPGulch »

I am brand new to P3D and I have just purchased the Cherokee 180. Installation went great and I am able to start P3D and change aircraft to the Cherokee 180. However, I have searched the instruction manual and also browsed this forum for help, but I am unable to start the engine. Battery on, starter on, nothing happens. The manuals I have downloaded show instructions for Microsoft Flight Simulator which I do not have. For example, Shift - F8 does not bring up the pre-flight. What am I missing? If someone could just point me in the right direction for instructions I can figure things out, but otherwise I'm lost. Thanks.

Oliver Branaschky
Senior Airman

Post by Oliver Branaschky »

Hi and welcome to the forums :-)

The manual contains a section with checklists. Follow them carefully (for instance, battery on and pushing starter alone won't help. You will have to put the fuel selector in either the Left or the Right position, prime the engine etc...)

Also, the preflight windows will be brought up by Shift + 8, not F8. This is assuming you didn't change the default key assignment at some point.

Hope this helps. Good luck and enjoy.

Viele Grüße | Best regards,
Oliver

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: My New Cherokee 180 for P3D

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Welcome to the world of Accu-Sim!

Also worth a look: The Manual and the FAQ : http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... 16&t=40126
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

TPGulch
Airman Basic

Post by TPGulch »

Thanks very much. That helped as I found the preflight and the starting checklists. I performed the preflight then followed the starting checklist to the letter. Still no start. When I turn on the master battery switch are the gauges supposed to start up such as the fuel gauges? Item 2 on the starting list says "Check fuel quantity indicators" but with the battery switch on or off the gauges read zero. Preflight walk around showed both tanks full.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello TP,

Since you're using P3D, it's important to check that the SimConnect client which allows the A2A Cherokee to interact with the host sim is properly installed. There are instructions on how do do this is the FAQ thread linked above, or see this post for a helpful screenshot.

Also, if you haven't already, you should download and install the latest Acc-Sim update from here before troubleshooting further.

Finally, in P3D it's quite important that you load your default flight with one of the simple stock aircraft (e.g. the Beech Baron) before you switch to the A2A product. This allows SimConnect to initialise properly.

Thanks,
Nick

rjoosterloo
Airman First Class

Post by rjoosterloo »

Did you check the circuitbreakers? Maybe one has popped?
I do remember I had the same problem when I wanted to start the Cherokee the very first time, one of the circuitbreakers had popped.
Check my overviews of C172, Cherokee 180, C182 Skylane, Comanche 250 and Texan repaints.

Image Image Image

Oliver Branaschky
Senior Airman

Post by Oliver Branaschky »

In addition to what the others said, have a look at the maintenance hangar (Shift+7) and report what you see.

Viele Grüße | Best regards,
Oliver

TPGulch
Airman Basic

Post by TPGulch »

I thank all of you very much. I found the Simconnect client and installed then the ACC-Sim update. All is well now and I'm flying !! Circuit breakers were ok. And Oliver, I did the Shift - 7 and maintenance said I needed a complete overhaul. Hey, I just bought this airplane. It should be brand new !LOL. You all have been a great help.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're very welcome - thanks for update. :) Yeah, the 'complete overhaul' thing is probably the result of running without the SimConnect client installed initialy. Anyway, glad all seems to be sorted and please drop by if you have any further questions.

Cheers,
Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes, the simconnect missing and then being installed post the Cherokee will be the overhaul. Enjoy your simulation and happy flying

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”