Different problems Piper 180

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
SAK23
Airman Basic

Different problems Piper 180

Post by SAK23 »

Hey Guys,

first of all sorry for my bad English, it's not my native language.

I bought few days ago, the piper 180 and hell yeah! Great job done, the aircraft is awesome!
I own the P3d v3.4 Simulation and i had seen a few YouTube vids, over the startup sequence about the Piper 180.

The first problem is, the fuel pump is without any function, i hear only a "click" and that's it. In all YouTube videos, i can hear the pumps working.
Of course i did the correct start up sequence, but anyhow.. The Pumps not working.

The second "problem", when i start my walk-around (shift F8), i can click all positions, but not the first position. Of course i can click the button, but i don't come back in to the cockpit view.

The third problem is the Com Radio knob, so i can change the frequency from 122,00 to 123, 124 etc. but how can i change the second part of the frequency? ,25 , 50, 75 etc? I tried everything on the button, but it's doesn't work..

I hope you have any solution for me.

Latest patches installed..

Thanks in advance

Best regards

SAK

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Different problems Piper 180

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello SAK - welcome to the forums and no need to apologise for your English, it's fine! :)
SAK23 wrote:The first problem is, the fuel pump is without any function, i hear only a "click" and that's it. In all YouTube videos, i can hear the pumps working.
The fuel pump is pretty quiet so it's difficult to hear if the engine is running. With the engine off, the most reliable way to tell if it's working is to check if the needle on the fuel pressure gauge responds.

If you definitely confirm the pump isn't running, the first thing to check is its circuit breaker which is just above the yellow fuel pump switch itself. You could also check via the maintenance hangar (shift 7) that it hasn't 'failed'.
SAK23 wrote:The second "problem", when i start my walk-around (shift F8), i can click all positions, but not the first position. Of course i can click the button, but i don't come back in to the cockpit view.
Not 100% sure I follow, but are you using EZdok? This can cause issues with the pre-flight inspection views.
SAK23 wrote:The third problem is the Com Radio knob, so i can change the frequency from 122,00 to 123, 124 etc. but how can i change the second part of the frequency? ,25 , 50, 75 etc?
For the COMM radio, you need to use the scroll wheel on your mouse to rotate the inner knob. (This is because the left click action is used to push/pull the knob to switch between 25 kHz and 50 kHz increments for tuning. Therefore you can't click 'n' drag as with the NAV radio.)

Hope that helps,
Nick

SAK23
Airman Basic

Post by SAK23 »

Hi Nick,

thank you for your feedback!
The fuel pump is pretty quiet so it's difficult to hear if the engine is running. With the engine off, the most reliable way to tell if it's working is to check if the needle on the fuel pressure gauge responds.

If you definitely confirm the pump isn't running, the first thing to check is its circuit breaker which is just above the yellow fuel pump switch itself. You could also check via the maintenance hangar (shift 7) that it hasn't 'failed'.
I check the gauges and the fuel pump working fine, the only problem ist the sound that doesn`t work. I dont know why.. But anyway, its not a big problem...
Not 100% sure I follow, but are you using EZdok? This can cause issues with the pre-flight inspection views.
Yes of course i am using EZdok.. That could be the reason!! Thanks :)
For the COMM radio, you need to use the scroll wheel on your mouse to rotate the inner knob. (This is because the left click action is used to push/pull the knob to switch between 25 kHz and 50 kHz increments for tuning. Therefore you can't click 'n' drag as with the NAV radio.)
The biggest problem for me...

YES it works fine!!! i didnt know that...

Thanks Mate!

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

To fix your EZdok inspection problems get this PDF and follow instructions. https://www.dropbox.com/s/tzc9nv4qvyc8u ... e.pdf?dl=0
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

SAK23 wrote:I check the gauges and the fuel pump working fine, the only problem ist the sound that doesn`t work. I dont know why.. But anyway, its not a big problem...
Hmm - that's an odd one but as mentioned the sound is rather quiet and nothing like the whine from the electric fuel pump in the Cessnas. It's more of a 'creaking' or 'knocking' sound from the pump really; that's because it uses a plunger rather than a rotary vane if I recall correctly.
bobsk8 wrote:To fix your EZdok inspection problems get this PDF and follow instructions. https://www.dropbox.com/s/tzc9nv4qvyc8u ... e.pdf?dl=0
Thanks for linking that Bob. Yeah, those tips should help you get EZdok working fine with the A2A planes SAK. However, let us know if you have any further problems.

Cheers,
Nick

Great Ozzie
A2A Test Pilot

Post by Great Ozzie »

You should definitely hear the fuel pump - a series of very quick thumps that slows as the line pressurizes to about (guessing) four per second - thump thump thump thump. :)
Nick M wrote:With the engine off, the most reliable way to tell if it's working is to check if the needle on the fuel pressure gauge responds.
Yeah definitely want to check for that.
Rob Osborne
Flight Instructor - CFI, CFII, MEI, MEII
A & P Mechanic

FAASTeam - Safer Skies Through Education
Professionalism in aviation is the pursuit of excellence through discipline, ethical behavior and continuous improvement. NBAA

SAK23
Airman Basic

Post by SAK23 »

Hi,

thank you all guys für your replys, it helped me much and i think thats it!!!

Everything works fine for me and now i can take off without any problems.

See you in the air!

Best Regards

SAK

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

That's good news SAK. :)

All the best,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”