Do I have to buy the seperate P3D version if I have the FSX

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
teeboy
Airman

Do I have to buy the seperate P3D version if I have the FSX

Post by teeboy »

I've just jumped to P3D and am wondering if I have to make a seperate purchase of the P3D Cherokee, or can I pay the difference for the FSX/P3D bundle? While the extra $50 would be great for A2A, its not as good as an extra $30 in my pocket!

A2A store order #104153.

I also have the C172 and C182 and would be looking to do the same with these.

Thanks
Nick (teeboy)

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Do I have to buy the seperate P3D version if I have the

Post by speedy70 »

Yes.It is a different simulation and hence a different model of the aircraft.

This question has been asked many times before.A quick search of the forums would show you the answer.

Cheers Chris

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Speedy,

We are better than the other forums. We can collectively answer the question no matter how many times it is asked, as you did here.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

teeboy
Airman

Post by teeboy »

Pending an official reply (I seem to remember a similar question being asked a while ago with the answer I am hoping for - unless it was a one-off) I think I will pass then.

This place is reminding me of the Aerosoft forums - "the search function would give you your answer" being typed hundreds of times by some users. I was expecting an answer from A2A staff...

:?

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Nick,
People had success porting over their fsx aircraft into P3D in the earlier versions, but each iteration moves the platform further from fsx and, therefor, "breaks" pure fsx aircraft a little bit more. At this point, best practice is to buy an aircraft specifically for P3D, which obligates the developer to stay on top of changes through the update process.

It is really up to A2A how long they intend to "grandfather" in fsx purchases to P3D. I would suspect that as the platform is now in v.3.x that its probably a bit late.

I assume that many of us may choose to go with P3D in the future as the platform really does seem to be evolving in a very positive manner!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

We offer point-of-sale bundles in our store in the same way you can buy bundled goods commonly offered in other retail outlets. We can’t offer long term P3D discounts because it is a new platform that is constantly changing.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

teeboy
Airman

Post by teeboy »

Ah well, didn't hurt to ask! Despite me saying I would pass, the lure of Accusim is high... Poor pockets!

Thanks guys

PETC
Airman Basic

Post by PETC »

I've manually moved over my C172 and T6 to P3DV3 successfully, but it's a pain, and unfortunately they can no longer be updated unless you have a simultaneous copy of FSX installed and run the updater in FSX mode, update all of the aircraft you have for FSX, and THEN move everything over to P3D.

I found some lights just refuse to work when you move over the aircraft, even when you move over the A2A related effects. Taking an ENTIRE copy of the FSX effects folder over to P3D fixed that issue and aside from not being able to update the aircraft natively, they all work just fine.

That being said, it's a PITA and I am considering re-purchasing those two aircraft for P3D.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

the P3D products are P3D products the FSX products are FSX products the two platforms are different and require different software. We do not support FSX software on a different platform and cannot validate any claims about flight modelling or realism or working software if the software is used in the different P3D platform. Years back when P3D was 1.4 it was very similar/same but with the release of P3D V2 and every version thereafter it has moved further and further away from the FSX/ESP base.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”