CDI for NAV1 not working when Mindstar GNS 430/530 in panel

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
adambernstein1492
Airman Basic

CDI for NAV1 not working when Mindstar GNS 430/530 in panel

Post by adambernstein1492 »

Hi all,

I know there have been similar questions, but none of the solutions worked for me, so I'm hoping somebody has an answer.

Whenever I switch the avionics from the default to the GNS 530 (or 430) from Mindstar, I cannot seem to use the Nav1 frequency... the needles stay centered with the striped flags displayed. As soon as I turn the GPS off (Go back to default stack), the needles deflect as appropriate for the frequency tuned.

All I have done is install the A2A Cherokee 180 (and the C182 and the Comanche with similar issues), installed the update for the aircraft, installed the GPS software, and used the configuration tool to put the 530 and/or 430 system into the cockpit. The GPS seems to be functioning properly otherwise.

Did I miss a simple setup step or something? I'm relatively new to the sim world, so I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case. Please let me know if any further information is needed!

Thanks!

Oliver Branaschky
Senior Airman

Re: CDI for NAV1 not working when Mindstar GNS 430/530 in pa

Post by Oliver Branaschky »

Hi and welcome to the forums,

What happens when you push the CDI button?

Viele Grüße/Best regards
Oliver

Oliver Branaschky

adambernstein1492
Airman Basic

Post by adambernstein1492 »

That worked! Forgive my ignorance and thank you for the prompt reply. Could you point me in the direction of a nice tutorial for these systems, as it looks like that is what I actually needed :D

Oliver Branaschky
Senior Airman

Post by Oliver Branaschky »

Glad I could help!

Since these units are quite close to the real units, searching for Garmin user manuals or tutorials should work :-)

Viele Grüße/Best regards
Oliver

Oliver Branaschky

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”