Piper 180 Problems

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
NPC
Airman

Re: Piper 180 Problems

Post by NPC »

Well, like I said before, when I updated to 8.1 several years ago, I instantly started having continuous problems running my FSX. It would crash at the slightest provocation. Full use of the FSX returned when I had to reformat my drive and start over with 8.0. I would rather keep my working FSX than trade it working poorly so I can use the Piper.

I assume you are not the person who can decide whether I can get a refund. Is there anyone at a higher level that I can appeal to for this refund?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I'll get the refund sorted for you but as an old techie it pains me to see you take this route.

Your system not being updated is asking for trouble it means it is extremely vulnerable to attack and exploit either via live attack on the net or a dodgy file being hidden and injected into the system via memory stick. Also as you have seen here avoiding an issue rather than tracking and solving it will result in future issues. Direct X is such a core component with software this could continue to be a thorn in your side as you explore the flightsim hobby (more and more now require these files and one or two us dx10 or higher) until its addressed.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

NPC
Airman

Post by NPC »

Your answer seems to confirm my FSX issues caused by upgrading to 8.1. I am surprised that MS or someone else has not come up with a solution for this problem. I have Norton and use my PC much less than my Mac, so again I would rather have a fully functioning FSX than reduce my security on a computer that I don't use that much. Thanks for your help. This was a learning experience.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

If it was a widespread issue it would have been fixed I'll bet we could fix it for you. Its a shame the window 10 free update has now passed, as you are essentially now left with a vulnerable old buggy OS you wont seem to update?

As I said you are left vulnerable and avoiding an issue rather than facing it will only result is frustration down the road, be it your PC suddenly not starting one day due to malware or your options being limited in the future because your old OS can no longer be used with software as its not updated enough even by windows 8 standards to install it.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”