Microsoft FSX Simconnect error detected, now restarting conn

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
B-17 Flier
Technical Sergeant

Microsoft FSX Simconnect error detected, now restarting conn

Post by B-17 Flier »

I flew plenty of hours the last few days in a non-A2A aircraft without this message. But today I'm continuing my coastal flight around the entire UK in the Cherokee and 182.

When I started it today, twice now, I get a green bar with yellow letters saying this, "Microsoft FSX Simconnect error detected, now restarting connection".
Why in the world would I get an FSX error when I'm running P3D? I do have FSX installed on another drive but haven't even booted it since June.
I'm a neophyte when it comes to this so could someone much wiser than me please help? What should I do? If anything.

P3D version 3.2.3.16769

At first I thought it was the Saitek TPM as I do not use it unless I fly an A2A plane. But just now I did not run it and loaded the Cherokee and I got that same message so it has to be the Cherokee and 182. And yes, I ran the latest updater when I installed these planes.

So, what do I do now, any help will be very much appreciated. The guys at P3D said to re-run the simconnect.msi in Redist folder but when I went there there's a TON of folder each with a Simconnect.msi file, so is that the problem? If so which one do I run?

Thanks

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Microsoft FSX Simconnect error detected, now restarting

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Is the problem still there after you restart the simulator? This happens to me sometimes to (in FSX) when I switch planes a lot of relocate with the "go to airport" menu. After a restart everything is fine though.
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

B-17 Flier
Technical Sergeant

Post by B-17 Flier »

This happens every single time I use the Cherokee or the 182. Haven't tried the Piper or Mustang yet.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Run the FSX SP2 Simconnect and then restart the system. Also with P3D, make sure you load into a default aircraft first.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

B-17 Flier
Technical Sergeant

Post by B-17 Flier »

Scott - A2A wrote:Run the FSX SP2 Simconnect and then restart the system. Also with P3D, make sure you load into a default aircraft first.

Scott.
Thanks Scott, did the first, will now have to do the second.

gbinoz
Airman

Post by gbinoz »

B-17 Flier wrote:
Scott - A2A wrote:Run the FSX SP2 Simconnect and then restart the system. Also with P3D, make sure you load into a default aircraft first.

Scott.
Scott could you clarify "load into a default aircraft first"?
Do you mean get a default plane loaded on a runway
or just have a default plane showing in the start up scenario screen (P3D)?

Thanks,
gb
YSSY

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

gbinoz wrote:Do you mean get a default plane loaded on a runway
or just have a default plane showing in the start up scenario screen (P3D)?
With P3D (v.3.4) it does seem to help SimConnect stability if a simple aircraft* is loaded onto the runway rather than switching to the A2A choice in the scenario screen. FSX was certainly more forgiving in this regard and I'd often switch to the A2A stuff before loading the flight with no ill effects.

Still early days with P3D here, but interesting to note these little differences. The key with P3D seems to be not to load anything which will place demands on the SimConnect client until the flight or scenario or whatever it's called has finished loading.

Nick

*In my case this is the default MS C172SP transferred across from my FSX install. :)

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”