Aircraft load, Piper Cherokee 180 it crashes constantly

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
JonRRR
Airman Basic

Aircraft load, Piper Cherokee 180 it crashes constantly

Post by JonRRR »

When I load the Cherokee it spins around and flys up and down like crazy (like it is constantly crashing). I've tried everything in regards to this, uninstalling, updating - nothing seems to resolve it. It was working fine, then something has caused this to happen and nothing seems to be able to undo it. Has anyone had this issue? I emailed support but got no reply. I have the B17 accusim product and that works fine.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Aircraft load, Piper Cherokee 180 it crashes constantly

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Jon,

Do you use FSUIPC?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

JonRRR
Airman Basic

Post by JonRRR »

Hi Lewis

Hi

Yes I do - do you think it is version fault? Or a setting in FSUIPC?

R
Jon

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Jon,

It could be a specific command in FSUIPC which is responsible. I'd suggest a look at this thread, particularly the video in the first post and see if it looks to be similar to what you're experiencing. In the linked thread, it seems an inadvertent spoiler command was causing the behaviour in question.

I think your first step should be to establish if FSUIPC is causing the problem by temporarily loading the Cherokee in the sim with the FSUIPC module disabled. The easiest way to do this is probably just to move the FSUIPC4.dll to a different location such as a 'temp' folder within the modules directory.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

JonRRR
Airman Basic

Post by JonRRR »

Hi Nick

I had a look at the video. Mine is very different, this is at first load point, the aircraft goes completely crazy - jumping around and fire and sparks flying from it ( if you look in spot view) I mean like totally crazy with the constant crash sound. All other a/c inc the B17 are fine when I load them. It would seem like a contact point issue, or like you just loaded an a/c with the gear up. But obviously the gear is down. I tried loading the a/c in USA where I have no add on scenery, and in the UK where I do have add on scenery, issue is the same everywhere. I tried turning all GFX sliders to zero in case it was a PC resource issue - but alas same thing. As I mentioned before I tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling... no luck.

I will however do as you say and disable FSUIPC but it would seem strange that FSUIPC is causing this one a/c only and yet another ACCUSIM a/c is working fine.

R
Jon

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the added info Jon. Do you try loading the flight with a default aircraft before switching to the Cherokee? And what sim platform are we talking about here - FSX, FSX-SE or P3D?

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

JonRRR
Airman Basic

Post by JonRRR »

Hi Nick

FSX Acceleration SP2 / latest / last version / up to date.

I tried to load the default Cessna as the start up flight on a default runway. Then I load the A2A aircraft - actually I tried all sorts of things (apart from the disable of FSUIPC suggestion).

The only other thing I was thinking was it was some issue in the FSX simconnect file that got out of order (not sure if A2A change that file/depend on it) a lot of the advanced addons do I think. The *only* change recently that I can think of is I may have installed PMDG 737 after the A2A, and perhaps that caused a fault. In the past I did hear of issues with simconnect after installing addons (I think but I'm going back ages [years]) - probably just clutching at straws! I'm at work now so can't check the FSUIPC suggestion until later.

R
Jon

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

If you load the plane in the air, does it fly OK? I ask because you are speaking of contact points, and it would be helpful to know if this is happening due to contact with the ground.

Also, here is the SimConnect installer you can try, won't hurt:
http://a2asimulations.com/public/downlo ... onnect.msi

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yes, one way to (hopefully) rule out a corrupted flight file would be to temporarily drag all the files in "My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files" to a different folder. This should force the sim to load its original flight which starts in the air with the Trike at Friday Harbor.

The other step worth taking as you mention you've reinstalled would be to delete the following file...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\A2A\Cherokee180\Update_fsx\client.wyc

...Then re-run the latest Accu-Sium update. Gives you some stuff to try when you get home from work anyway! :)

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

JonRRR
Airman Basic

Post by JonRRR »

Hi Guys

I did all the tests.... bingo! It was the A2A folder in the MyDocuments - must have had a problem. I deleted the A2A folder. It generated a new one, and now it loads up fine. Thank you very much for all your help - I am pretty sure I never would have thought to do that - in fact I did not even realise A2A was creating this folder there. BTW - I did try and load a/c in the air, had same result a/c spinning crazy round in circles, I also tried to disable FSUIPC - same result. So, it was certainly something with the A2A FSXAccusim.dat file I think contained in that folder. Thank you once again!

R
Jon :D

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Jon - glad you're back in business; hope you enjoy A2A's Cherokee as much I have! :)

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Jon,

Glad you are all sorted out. Enjoy flying.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”