Resolution

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
1991 GT-X
Airman

Resolution

Post by 1991 GT-X »

Hi guys. Can use a little advise here. New to FSX Steam addition. Here is my system that i just bought a little bit ago to run FSX. I was hoping it was enough to run it smoothly for the money i spent. I know nothing about what i bought for this system, so i'm reading everything off the boxes the stuff came in lol.

So, i bought the Intel i7-5930K 6 Core 15MB LGA2011-v3 possessor and sits in the Gigabyte X99-Gaming SP motherboard. A liquid cooled CPU fan w/radiator & fan, 20GB DDR4 3333MHz memory, 480GB 2.5 SATA III SSD hard drive and a 120GB second drive, Windows 10, ASUS Geforce GTX 960 4GB GDDR5 using HDMI to a Samsung 28in monitor. High end sub-woofer speaker system and complete CH products Eclipse yoke, peddles and throttle quadrant. All i'm have on this system is X-Plane 10, Prepar3D and FSX. That's it. Gathered from the information given, can someone tell me what resolution in FSX i should have it set to and also the frame rate? I'm running Mega Scenery Earth 2X, and i would like to set my FSX to run at best settings. Thanks

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Resolution

Post by Lewis - A2A »

The resolution should always be set to your monitors native res. And for frame limiter I tend to limit mine to around 30. I run with dx10 fixer in x10 mode too for better performance and eye candy with shadows.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

1991 GT-X
Airman

Post by 1991 GT-X »

Oh, i see. So for example, if i have my monitor set to 1028X768 in windows, then that is what i should set it to in FSX? i set my frame rate to 45 and i didn't really see any difference.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

FYI the res on that HDMI monitor should be greater than 1024x768. Set it in Windows to the highest resolution it can, which is usually the native one.

Also, we recommend setting a 30fps limit.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

1991 GT-X
Airman

Post by 1991 GT-X »

Ok. Thanks Scott for the info. I'll do that. I'll change the frame rate back to 30. :)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

When you have your sim running nicely and as you get more confident you can try googling for some flightsim external limiters as some report better success with these but it is of course all system dependent. And as I say I would first recommend getting a good sim setup running before any real tweaking if you want to go down that route.

thanks,
Lewis

1991 GT-X
Airman

Post by 1991 GT-X »

Yeah i hear you Lewis. it is running great right now. No complaints yet. I did thought i read that the newest update changed the air speed indicator to look like a piper one. I fly a late 70's Cherokee 180 and the ASI looks different. The one in the Comanche and Cherokee look like Cessna style. But i could be wrong. What do i know right? lol

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Well there's a bunch of different types out there and for the sim some repainters also changed things up a bit too for different repaints so worth looking at those of you want some different examples in the cockpit. On the phone atm so not ideal for linking but you should be able to find them easily enough on the relevant aircraft forums here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1991 GT-X
Airman

Post by 1991 GT-X »

Well, that's a bit over my head lol. I'll just keep things the way they are for now. I really don't want to screw things up now. Thanks man.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Okie dokie, give us a heads up, maybe post in this thread when you are ready to take the leap we can see if we can help you out.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”