Loss Of Power Cherokee & Camanche

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
1991 GT-X
Airman

Loss Of Power Cherokee & Camanche

Post by 1991 GT-X »

Have any of you guys have this happen. I installed the Cherokee 180 and the Comanche 250 a couple months ago. All has been working ok for the exception for a few small glitches that i worked out. Now in the last couple days i would take off from an airport and climb 1000 feet per minute to 8,000 feet and when i get between 5 and 6,000 feet the engine RPM's start to get less and less and i start to go slower and slower until there is not enough power in the engine to allow me to climb. The engine will get to 1,000 RPM after about 4 minutes and then i can't climb anymore. So i will make an emergency landing and once i land, the engine will not run. I open the hanger to see what's wrong and the hanger says all A-OK So i will rebuilt complete engine and try to start the engine and it wont start no matter what i do. So i'll end the session and restart it again and take off. All works fine until i get to that same altitude and it's doing it all over again. This happens on the Cherokee and the Comanche. So now i'm going to uninstall both planes and reinstall them and see what happens this time. Very frustrating i might add.

aonyn
Staff Sergeant

Re: Loss Of Power Cherokee & Camanche

Post by aonyn »

Have you tried carb heat?
Ron Attwood wrote:David, you'd be useless on Twitter. Too reasonable by half. :D

L.A.
Senior Airman

Post by L.A. »

Are you leaning the engine? Red knob.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

The guys have you covered pretty well I'd be thinking if you are not leaning the engine or more than likely you are encountering some icing and need that carb heat on.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

1991 GT-X
Airman

Post by 1991 GT-X »

You know guys, i read the manual for the planes and that is something i didn't think of. Well the carb heat that is. I do lean the engine to best EGT when i fly a distance and about 6,000 feet. I will try that next time if it happens again. I'm just surprised when i restart the simm, it doesn't fix it. Thanks guys.

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”