Dumping A2A 180

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Dumping A2A 180

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello rlgerou,

Just to chime in here, one thing to emphasise is that the Accu-Sim damage model is completely independent of the default P3D failure settings. In other words, as some of the other posters have mentioned, you need to bring up the A2A 'controls' menu with shift 3, then click the text which says "DAMAGE" so that it reads "NO DAMAGE" instead. I mention this because you haven't specifically mentioned you've taken this step.

Basic procedure for a clean install is as follows:

1. Uninstall the Cherokee using the standard MS Windows control panel 'uninstall a program' feature (in Win 7 anyway).

2. Then manually delete these three directories if they're still there...

...My Documents\A2A\FSX\Cherokee180
C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\A2A\Cherokee180
C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_Piper_PA28_180_Cherokee

3. After doing so, restart your PC then install the Cherokee using the original file you downloaded at purchase.

4. Finally, download and run the latest Accu-Sim updater available from this forum post: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=41279.

One final note: I'd definitely urge you to persist with the product a bit longer (it really is a great add-on) and keep in mind that the people posting here are trying their best to help you out. :wink:

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

rlgerou
Airman

Post by rlgerou »

Well CodyValkyrie, I understand what you are saying, however, as I really fly this aircraft, I really want to know if I am overstressing the aircraft. On the other hand, none of the issues I am having are "damage", they are broken or wear and tear.

Thanks for the consideration and idea.

L.A.
Senior Airman

Post by L.A. »

rlgerou wrote:Well CodyValkyrie, I understand what you are saying, however, as I really fly this aircraft, I really want to know if I am overstressing the aircraft. On the other hand, none of the issues I am having are "damage", they are broken or wear and tear.

I flew a lot of the Cherokee models. Warrior, Archer & Arrow. I always knew the rules for landing gear & flap speeds, and what might rip something off the airplane. Worst I did, was compress a main landing gear strut once. Just put my back under the wing, to raise it back up. I don't really understand the value of a sim, to find out if I'm over stressing. I usually do without "sim damage". As I've mentioned before, after years of owning, building, and maintaining aircraft, I usually skip the walk around part of the sim.

edit: I should mention, that it would be normal for a sim pilot who hasn't flown a real plane, to be yanking on the stick or yoke, far past the norm. For this. over stressing in the sim, would certainly be beneficial. If the sim pilot, could only feel the G-forces, they'd do it differently. Over stress has it's value.

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

rlgerou wrote:Well CodyValkyrie, I understand what you are saying, however, as I really fly this aircraft, I really want to know if I am overstressing the aircraft. On the other hand, none of the issues I am having are "damage", they are broken or wear and tear.

Wear and stress are damage, and thus are turned off. Basically it completely disconnects the damage model.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

What are your weather settings when flying in the sim, and when are you dropping the flaps? You mention the flaps being regularly damaged so I am wondering if you are damaging the flaps by dropping them at high speeds?

It'd be nice to nail down to exactly why your system is apparently failing entire chunks of your aircraft but no one else is experiencing this, I am wondering if some is pilot error. You mention having sim experience and as a real world pilot too I am wondering if this is working against you. Our Accu-sim simulation are professional sims that have caught out some pilot simmers who are use to the relaxed realism simulators and so will skip a checklist, do things they would never do in the real world and then bang are caught out. Could this, not be the whole issue, but maybe something creeping in here?

Also for practice some of the things you have mentioned a complex sim such as ours and others sometimes require another add-on, cant remember the name right this second (ill have a google and get back to you its on the tip of the tongue), it is designed by a CFI to help him and his students if I recall correctly and sets you up with approach practices etc automatically.

Thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

rlgerou
Airman

Post by rlgerou »

Hello Lewis, I am running a Intell i7-2600, with 8GB of DDR3 Ram, and Nvidia 650 Ti with 2 GB of RAM, and about 6TB of hard drive.

I started play/using flight sim in about 1969, before MS bought the original FS out and I have every version for MSFS, as well as most X-planes. That was back in the day when we were building computers and memory boards using TTL, and programing in binary, and assembler code, before Bill Gates began work on QBASIC.

I own and fly a BD4B(147RB), and a PA28-180B(7124W).

In the 180 I like to put out the first notch of flaps about 105 IAS, and generally land with full flaps unless winds are gusty.

I always set up my sim for the highest level of realism, and I have flown the sim (other a/c) into some pretty bad weather, and I have over stressed the sim a/c in thunders storms, wind shear, and while trying to recover from spins, and system failures. I like to push my personal limits in the sim, it helps me to know for sure what I can safely handle when I get in the air with my grand children. You'll note that Lockheed Martin does not refer to Prepared 3D as a game, they are trying to make the point that a pilot (general aviation, or other) is a better pilot if they are prepared for the unexpected.

The issue I have had on three occasion is not tearing off the flap....it is failure to deploy the right flap. Causing a snap roll to the right on final approach. I located a thread discussing this issue as it relates to a "SMICONNECT" problem. I have re-re-installed the simconnect, and still had one flap FAILURE.

The other issues are, 3 battery failures, 2 fuel pump failures, oil leaks, strut and break issues, warn valve guides. It appears to me that these thing are more related to the "persistence file", and what ever is feeding the wear/tears elements. I had a bit of success with deleting the files under the documents/A2A/ directory, I am guessing that, that these are "persistence files", but I do not know that for sure. They do not appear to be a text files, so I won't spend much time on them. I will plan on un-un-installing everything this week end, and make another attempt to get all elements in, in the correct order, so they can work.

If you have any addition information or in site into, or about the "persistence file", or order/method of installing the components involved I look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks RL Gerou

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

the .dat files are the files that store the state of your aircraft, its located as you noted in the relevant aircraft folder under your documents > A2A. If you delete those a new one will be generated when you next load the sim.

On your first load if you then visit the maintenance hanger and perform a complete overall you should have a 0 hour great shape aircraft.

One thing to also check though is that in the P3D standard failure settings you have nothing set, as anything set in there can and will interfere with the running of the simulation.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”