Very Disappointed

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Very Disappointed

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Well when you are ready to have a little tweaking you can give this sort of stuff a go;
http://www.nzfsim.org/index.php?dsp=dlo ... _HowTo.pdf

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

stephan.cote.1
Staff Sergeant

Post by stephan.cote.1 »

If I may Suggest, try to lock it at 30 FPS, then go in your Nvidia Control panel, under the 3d application setting, choose P3D and in the option below, set you vSync to "Adaptative-half rate". This is going to set your fps in sync with your refresh rate (adminiting you have a 60hz monitor) at a ration of 2hz per frame.

If you run a high en monitor with higher refresh rate, try to adjust the affore mentioned receipe... This has work wonder for me, plus it leaves you a solid headroom for more demanding scenery, addons, weather effect, etc....

Uncapped, I get between 28 and 44 fps with my i5 4690k oced to 4.6 Ghz and my aging GTX660 Ti, overclocked to what it can survived.., 24 Gb of DD3 but thats irrelevent since p3DV3.2 is still 32bit... Grrr...
Capp at 30 with adaptative vsyn is SO much smoother in my case...

Also uncheck vsync in the sim, once you set it up to half rate in the nvidia settings.

Happy flying! A2A simulations are a passion for many of us around here and I'm sure you'll have some good time too!
Steph

rlgerou
Airman

Post by rlgerou »

I too am so far disappointed. I own and fly a 180B, and want spend time working on ifr approaches, etc. and but so far can not get the sim to operate reliablly.. I would love to find a manual which detailed where, and how to set up the sim, config and ini files so that I could enjoy flying, but so far I can't make a full approach without rpm drop off, and best glide speed to an off field landing.

I have installed the lattest update, I think. I went into the maintenance hanger and did the overhaul. I filled the tanks, and recalibrated all controls. I am using Prepared3d v.3, and Cancreado 181 works fine, but the panel is not right.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Do you have carb heat in? Sounds like you're icing up.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

rlgerou wrote:I too am so far disappointed. I own and fly a 180B, and want spend time working on ifr approaches, etc. and but so far can not get the sim to operate reliablly.. I would love to find a manual which detailed where, and how to set up the sim, config and ini files so that I could enjoy flying, but so far I can't make a full approach without rpm drop off, and best glide speed to an off field landing.

I have installed the lattest update, I think. I went into the maintenance hanger and did the overhaul. I filled the tanks, and recalibrated all controls. I am using Prepared3d v.3, and Cancreado 181 works fine, but the panel is not right.
Hello,

if you can post in a new thread we can better help you troubleshoot any issues, but as Oracle has mentioned it does soound like you are just forgetting carb heat and letting the rpms drop and have her iced up.

thanks,
Lewis

rlgerou
Airman

Post by rlgerou »

I too am very disappointed. I fly a 180B, regularlly, and purchased the A2A Cherokee, to use as a tool while working on my IFR ratting. After almost two weeks, and many hours of reading, updating, and messing around in prepared 3d, I have not yet been able to fly a "complete" ifr approach without a failure of some sort. And although the A2A Cherokee appears to be a nicer model, I think I will return to the Cancrado 181. It has some short comings, but it works reliably.

I sent a email to A2A looking for assistance....but the response said I should invest more time, surching for a solution in the forums....(that way they really don't have to deal with the problem....they leave it to the all the users.)

Great Ozzie
A2A Test Pilot

Post by Great Ozzie »

Hi rlgerou,

Please see my reply in the thread you started.

-Rob
Rob Osborne
Flight Instructor - CFI, CFII, MEI, MEII
A & P Mechanic

FAASTeam - Safer Skies Through Education
Professionalism in aviation is the pursuit of excellence through discipline, ethical behavior and continuous improvement. NBAA

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

rlgerou wrote:I too am very disappointed. I fly a 180B, regularlly, and purchased the A2A Cherokee, to use as a tool while working on my IFR ratting. After almost two weeks, and many hours of reading, updating, and messing around in prepared 3d, I have not yet been able to fly a "complete" ifr approach without a failure of some sort. And although the A2A Cherokee appears to be a nicer model, I think I will return to the Cancrado 181. It has some short comings, but it works reliably.

I sent a email to A2A looking for assistance....but the response said I should invest more time, surching for a solution in the forums....(that way they really don't have to deal with the problem....they leave it to the all the users.)
Hello,

sorry you are having issues, if you refer back to your original thread you will see now many replies. All support as mentioned in the email reply is here in the forums, simply post your questions, issue or what not and we, the entire A2A team + 20,000+ community of simmers, pilots, instructors etc can help get you up and sim flying. Sorry to hear you took this as a search the forums answer rather than use the forums so we can help you;

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 16&t=52919

Thanks,
Lewis - A2A

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”