Very Disappointed

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Very Disappointed

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hey Tony - you're welcome though sorry I couldn't be more help. If you're doing a clean install of Windows, just make sure you don't rush things too much. Get P3D up and running nicely before installing the A2A stuff.

Good luck!
Nick

P.S. I'm GMT, so it's 2238 Zulu here!
A2A Simulations Inc.

Mazo
Technical Sergeant

Post by Mazo »

If I may make a suggestion - install all 4 SimConnect versions and then whatever program needs a version of SimConnect, it will be ready.
In your P3D redist folder, install ESPv1, FSX-RTM, FSX-SP1, and FSX-SP2-XPACK.

Give it a shot and hopefully this will get you up and running.

It does no harm to have all of the SimConnect versions on your system.

Good luck and hang in there - there are some great members here on A2A forums and we all want you to be enjoying these great airplanes as much as we do! :D

Lyn

EDIT: Tony, I just saw your post as I was writing my response - P3DV3.x and A2A work perfectly on Win10. Try the 4 versions of SimConnect before going through all the effort of changing the OS.

Lyn
[*]2021 Jetline Systems GTX, [email protected], EVGA RTX 3080ti 12GB, 64GB Memory 3200MHz, Win11 64 Pro, P3DV5.3, FS2020

In memory of my fallen Brothers in Arms in Viet Nam - may they Rest in Peace.

Uhrlto
Airman

Post by Uhrlto »

Hey Lyn, thanks for diving in on this problem which for all intents an purposes has gone away. Thats right its mysteriously now working. I spent the early part of the evening trying to get win 7 installed and after having so many problems with drivers and what not I said screw it and loaded up win 10 pro 64 bit. That install went as smooth as butter and after it was completed I installed P3d v3.2 with admin rights this time, confirming it worked I then installed the A2A 180 and ran it, no work-ie, as i suspected. I Then went to the sim-connect and loaded the FSx SP2 xpack and rebooted. Launched P3D and loaded the 180, The first thing I saw was a black screen, but I heard sound. Yea!!!! then the screen loaded and I saw the prop move, scrolled down on the joysticks and saw the yokes move, more yea's. Finally did a basic run up and it flew great, landed, went to the hanger and added all the add-ons and came here to write this. The only thing I have not done and frankly I'm scared to do it is load the 180 upgrade. I'm worried it wont work after that. Maybe you can let me know if I should be worried. In the meantime its working and I'm very grateful for all the help from the many people that gave it a try to advise me. Now all I have to do is finish rebuilding my computer, which will keep me up for a few more hours.

Tony

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Glad to hear you're up and running bud! I hope this simulation gives you a ton of entertainment.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hey Tony, good to hear you're finally sorted. :) Now that the Cherokee is functioning properly, you should definitely install that Accu-Sim update. If you don't, you'll miss out on a ton of fixes and enhancements added since release and I really don't think there's a chance it'll 'break' your installation.

As was mentioned earlier in the thread, you should right click the update executable and select "run as administrator" for most reliable results.

Have fun and let us know if you have any further issue or queries... :wink:

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good to hear your back up and running, after all this from what I can see it was a simple permissions error on your system with regard what your system was letting P3D use and run.

Get yourself all updated and then enjoy your sim time.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Uhrlto
Airman

Post by Uhrlto »

Well I need to change the title of this post to Extremely Satisfied. I want to say again thanks to Nick and Lewis and Lyn and Chris, gee I'm starting to sound like one of those academy award winners with the endless list of thank yous, but in this case, it really is warranted. Thank you to everyone that participated actively in this post. I have just had a wonderful flight from KRNO to KSFO 22R and this sim fly's just like the real one that I owned some years ago. Its even red, now if I could just change the tail number :wink:

So I'll ask right now whats considered a good frame rate. I just built this computer and put the best I could afford into it. it has the new i7 4790k OC to 4.6 from 4.4 (not to much, I know) It has a PNY 960 video card with 4 gig of DDR 5 ram, and 16 gig of available memory running at 2400. On this first flight with the 180 I had everything cranked to the right and was getting 42-65 FPS, it did not settle down to a steady number. Also being new to P3D I'm not sure what are good setting on the first page aka Image and texture quality, Hardware tessellation and so on. Under scenery I had it all cranked but was getting some jitters especially on landing approach. I would love to hear what others have there stuff set at.

In the meantime it off to rebuilding my computer and installing all the other airplanes that I have, so again, my thanks and happy flights

Tony

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the kind words Tony - good to hear your experience has been positive and hopefully it's changed your mind about support via the forum as opposed to phone. I think everyone here takes a pride in the friendly and helpful community we've got, so good to have another happy member! :D

As far as frame rate goes, that's the $64,000 question... It depends on not only your hardware, but also on the add-ons and scenery you're running. Many of us lock our frame rates at 30 fps. Even if it's possible to get more, having a stable frame rate is generally very desirable.

In other words, it's always a tricky balance between the position of those sliders, the add-ons you run and of course your hardware. I have very little experience of P3D so far, hence the cop-out answer above! :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Uhrlto
Airman

Post by Uhrlto »

I have very little experience of P3D so far, hence the cop-out answer above! :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Nick[/quote]

Thats not a cop-out, I appreciate people that admit when they dont know something. Hell I don't know everything and I'm 60, and still learning.

Since 40 seemed to be the bottom number I'll lock it there ans see what happens, thanks again Nick.

T

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

The human brain and eyes have a hard time detecting frame rates beyond about 35 or so. If you're getting better than 30 FPS, you're doing good.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes, stats are all good but as Cody notes, the old MkI human eye has its own limitations so 30+ is pretty damn good, given the standard TV is at 24.

Regarding settings, let us know once your all setup installing all your bits and then I'll see if I can have a google for you. If you can let us know your exact hardware that might help looking for a guide or something for you to have a read over. As Nick says it can be all over and two systems that are the same spec wise might work better with subtle differences in the settings.

thanks
Lewis

Uhrlto
Airman

Post by Uhrlto »

CodyValkyrie wrote:The human brain and eyes have a hard time detecting frame rates beyond about 35 or so. If you're getting better than 30 FPS, you're doing good.

If thats the case I must be doing pretty well, as I have it locked down at 40fps and its doing just fine, Thank you Cody

Uhrlto
Airman

Post by Uhrlto »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Yes, stats are all good but as Cody notes, the old MkI human eye has its own limitations so 30+ is pretty damn good, given the standard TV is at 24.

Regarding settings, let us know once your all setup installing all your bits and then I'll see if I can have a google for you. If you can let us know your exact hardware that might help looking for a guide or something for you to have a read over. As Nick says it can be all over and two systems that are the same spec wise might work better with subtle differences in the settings.

thanks
Lewis

I guess I'm ok Lewis, because I have this set at 40 fps with everything in the sim cranked all the way on.. I thought I read somewhere that P3D is more reliant on the video card then FSX is. This being the case (if i'm right) let me turn everything on max and still get 35-40 fps.
As far as my computer speq's there as followes.

i7 4790k proc, oc @ 4.6gz
z97 asus main board
16 gig of corsair 2400 memory
Running form a 960 gb SSD

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

for your video card do you mean you have an Nvidia 960?

thanks,
Lewis

Uhrlto
Airman

Post by Uhrlto »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

for your video card do you mean you have an Nvidia 960?

thanks,
Lewis

yep

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”