Very Disappointed

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Uhrlto
Airman

Re: Very Disappointed

Post by Uhrlto »

Sorry Nick, should have added that, yes I tried the reset from the 180 sim menu and I should also note that when I go into the hanger, everything need repair. I can add the addon in the hanger such as the wheel pant and so on but cant do any maint. i've included a couple of screen shots to show the folders in the airplane folder under sim objects, maybe this can help in the mean time i'm goin to try and deleate the file from the doc folder as suggested

Well I tried to add the screen shots but it wont let me sorry

Uhrlto
Airman

Post by Uhrlto »

Jacques wrote:Tony, do you by chance have auto mixture enabled in your controls settings in P3D?

No its off.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

You'll have to user a file sharing service.

This suggests that the permissions/ownership of the files in your system are not quite right. The files in your my docs folder related to this addon need to be owned by the same user account that P3D is running under.

I had this problem with ASN until I installed as Admin AND ran eventing as Admin.

This shouldn't be required here, but check the path of the folders to make sure it is under the correct user account.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Uhrlto wrote:Well I tried to add the screen shots but it wont let me sorry
Yeah, as Oracle says, you need to use a file/image hosting site and then post links to the images. Full instructions here: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=50279.

Hang in there - I reckon we'll get to the bottom of this in the end and the Cherokee is worth it! :wink:

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Uhrlto
Airman

Post by Uhrlto »

Nick M wrote:Tony, one thing I don't see in the list above is whether you tried that "RESET" option in the shift 3 menu to delete the .dat files as I mentioned in my earlier post. You can also manually delete the .dat files by deleting the following folder in your "My Documents" folder:

My Documents\A2A\FSX\Cherokee180

Once you've tried this, please let us know. I can appreciate your frustration, but best to take things one step at a time instead of spending hours reinstalling everything or editing the registry.

I'm not sure about the second PA-28 folder but FSX has a default AI only Cherokee and the folder name is "PA28_180". This is nothing to do with the A2A product and if you've manually copied folders from this directory into your A2A Cherokee folder, it can only do harm.

Cheers,
Nick

Nick, that folder you mentioned in Docs is empty and yes I do have the file view set for hidden folders. Also under the lockheed martin folder in sim objects under airplanes there is a folder named A2A_Piper_PA28_180_cherokee furthere down the list of airplanes is another folder simply named Piper_PA28 _Cherokee.

Uhrlto
Airman

Post by Uhrlto »

OK, did that and no change Chris, thanks for the attemp though.

Tony

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Uhrlto wrote:Nick, that folder you mentioned in Docs is empty [...]
Is that after you've loaded the A2A Cherokee in the sim Tony? If so, there's your 'smoking gun'. Sounds like it's either a SimConnect issue as suspected, or maybe as Oracle mentioned, a permissions issue is preventing files from being written to the folder. Do you run P3D in a Windows account which has full admin privileges?

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Uhrlto
Airman

Post by Uhrlto »

Nick M wrote:
Uhrlto wrote:Nick, that folder you mentioned in Docs is empty [...]
Is that after you've loaded the A2A Cherokee in the sim Tony? If so, there's your 'smoking gun'. Sounds like it's either a SimConnect issue as suspected, or maybe as Oracle mentioned, a permissions issue is preventing files from being written to the folder. Do you run P3D in a Windows account which has full admin privileges?

Cheers,
Nick
OK, you've lost me a little here. Yes that folder is empty after I loaded the A2A Cherokee. I'm not to sure what is meant by permission issues, I'm running P3D in windows 10 and I'm the administartor.
I just reloaded the A2A sim as the administarar and there are still no entrys in the Doc file.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

when you run P3D are you running as admin (via right clicking and selecting run as admin). Running as admin and an admin account are two different permission levels. Since windows vista i believe the windows OS now operates more like the server OS in that you have admin + sys admin essentially.

So you need to select run as admin to run as the top permission level.

If no .dat files are being generated then for sure you seem to have permissions issue on your system with the software not being allowed to write to an area under your current account/permission levels.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yeah, the folder should contain a "Cherokee180Log.dat" file (along with a few backups of this file and a .cfg file that the input configurator creates). The .dat file basically records the 'state' of your aircraft: its persistent features and so on.

I wonder if we can try a quick experiment to see if it's a permissions issue or if SimConnect isn't properly installed. Try downloading this file (my own Cherokee .dat file) and placing it in your "My Documents\A2A\FSX\Cherokee180" folder, then open the A2A PA-28 in the sim and see if it's functional.

I'm guessing here, but if it can't read that file (i.e. if everything is still 'broken' in the hangar) it suggests it's SimConnect which is the culprit here, rather than being unable to write to that folder which would suggest a permissions issue.

Hope that makes sense!
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes, if the permission error is happening Nick it could well be both in that the software cant run correctly and also the simconnect install isnt installing correctly either.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Good point! :)

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Uhrlto
Airman

Post by Uhrlto »

Nick M wrote:Yeah, the folder should contain a "Cherokee180Log.dat" file (along with a few backups of this file and a .cfg file that the input configurator creates). The .dat file basically records the 'state' of your aircraft: its persistent features and so on.

I wonder if we can try a quick experiment to see if it's a permissions issue or if SimConnect isn't properly installed. Try downloading this file (my own Cherokee .dat file) and placing it in your "My Documents\A2A\FSX\Cherokee180" folder, then open the A2A PA-28 in the sim and see if it's functional.

I'm guessing here, but if it can't read that file (i.e. if everything is still 'broken' in the hangar) it suggests it's SimConnect which is the culprit here, rather than being unable to write to that folder which would suggest a permissions issue.

Hope that makes sense!
Nick

That was a darn noble experiment, but it did not change anything Nick. Going to the hanger it still shows that everything need repair. And I'm using Lewis's suggestion and starting P3d run as admin, with no effect either. I cant run the sim connect FSX SP2 XPACk as admin there is no option for that and someone else said I need to run all four of thouse sim connects, I read under TS that only the one I mention here is needed, can you comment on that, also i'm wondering if its win 10. I read some where that some people were having trouble with this os.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Oh well - worth a try! :?
Uhrlto wrote: I cant run the sim connect FSX SP2 XPACk as admin there is no option for that and someone else said I need to run all four of thouse sim connects, I read under TS that only the one I mention here is needed, can you comment on that [...]
Lewis is the expert, but I'm pretty sure you just need the specified FSX SP2 version of SimConnect. No, as you say the Windows Installers (.msi) don't have an option to run as administrator, unlike .exe files.

I'm afraid I'm out of ideas for now Tony. It seems like something on your system is causing an issue with installing that SimConnect server but as I use Win 7, and FSX not P3D, I'm at a bit of a loss. Maybe reading something like this will be helpful? (from Googling "Windows 10 file permissions").

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Uhrlto
Airman

Post by Uhrlto »

Nick M wrote:Oh well - worth a try! :?
Uhrlto wrote: I cant run the sim connect FSX SP2 XPACk as admin there is no option for that and someone else said I need to run all four of thouse sim connects, I read under TS that only the one I mention here is needed, can you comment on that [...]
Lewis is the expert, but I'm pretty sure you just need the specified FSX SP2 version of SimConnect. No, as you say the Windows Installers (.msi) don't have an option to run as administrator, unlike .exe files.

I'm afraid I'm out of ideas for now Tony. It seems like something on your system is causing an issue with installing that SimConnect server but as I use Win 7, and FSX not P3D, I'm at a bit of a loss. Maybe reading something like this will be helpful? (from Googling "Windows 10 file permissions").

Nick
Nick, I cant thank you enough for all the help on this matter. I'm going to try my own exsperiment, and thats going back to win 7, I truly dont care much for win 10 and this just gives me a great reson to get rid of it. Once again thanks for your help and I'll let you know if changing the OS works, I know your eastern time but check back here in about 3 hr if your curious. It will either be a Yea!!! or a Boo!!!

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”