Input Configurator issues - P3D 3.1

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Input Configurator issues - P3D 3.1

Post by Molly - A2A »

So I'm running into an issue with P3D 3.1 (FSX never gave me a problem) where buttons assigned in the A2A Input Configurator work, but only every other button press. Basically I have to press whatever button is assigned twice to do whatever it was assigned to. For example, I have the typical elevator trim buttons on my CH yoke configured to trim in the configurator - I press trim up and nothing happens, but press it again and it works; then press trim down, nothing, but press it again and it works.

The same goes for other inputs such as AP mode and AP disconnect.

I tried deleted all the A2A dat files to make new ones and see what happened, but same deal. I also confirmed that no conflicting controls were assigned in P3D.

Hope anyone can help!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Input Configurator issues - P3D 3.1

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello molleh - though I can't really help (I'm still on FSX :wink: ) I wonder if the issue you describe applies to both hardware shortcuts and any which use the keyboard instead? As you've probably seen, there have been a few reports of hardware axes not working properly via the input configurator with P3D v3.1. If you could check whether-or-not the issue you've described happens with keyboard shortcuts too, maybe this will help the A2A guys with replicating/troubleshooting...

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

You might want to try Lockheed forums too, but they have let us know that theirs changes coming for a future P3D release to fix some of the controller issues users are having, in our case this will help get the config working for all users again.

thanks
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

My issue does not appear to be anything to do with the controller ID vs assigned axes that some users have been reporting. On my system all of that stuff works properly (radiator flap on the P40 etc)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I'll ask some1 to have a look to see if its related to the ongoing control issues within P3D.

thanks,
Lewis

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

Thanks Lewis.

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

Have you tried to assign it to a different joystick button (not a HAT)?
Michael Krawczyk

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

Yes, I'm not assigning to a hat switch, just any of the normal buttons on my CH yoke.

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

Is there anyone out there who has P3D 3.1 who can replicate (or not) this issue?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey Molleh,

can you let me know your exact hardware and if using FSUIPC I can try to replicate it tomorrow, still getting stuff installed on the new setup today.

thanks,
Lewis

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

Hi Lewis,

I have a CH yoke, CH throttle, and CH rudder pedals. The only add-ons I have installed are FSUIPC and Active Sky Next (and I did try running without ASN by the way.) FSUIPC is only used to configure axes on the CH throttle quadrant for specific planes; other than that, I use the P3D control settings for all other assignments.

edit: Uploaded a brief Youtube video to help make the issue a little clearer. In this example I'm pressing a yoke button I've assigned to the AP mode select function (watch the AP mode lights as well as the animated mode selector button)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rub5cYdnB6s

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

molleh wrote:The only add-ons I have installed are FSUIPC and Active Sky Next (and I did try running without ASN by the way.)
Have you also tried temporarily 'disabling' FSUIPC molleh? If you move the FSUIPC4.DLL file to a temporary folder and then repeat the experiment, at least you can confirm whether it's related to the issue or not.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

Thanks, Nick. I just gave that a try - no change.

What I'm going to try next is using macros and LVars with FSUIPC to access the AP commands.

edit: OK, it's exactly the same behavior using FSUIPC and the L:ApModePushSwitch LVar. If I'm not mistaken this would narrow it down to a P3D/A2A issue.

edit2: Further thinking... if the Input Configurator's assignments for elevator trim are simply accessing the standard FSX/P3D elevator trim commands (i.e. not custom LVars) as indicated in the LVars PDF, this would indicate some type of communication issue between the Accusim module and Simconnect/P3D, since using the same yoke buttons assigned to trim in P3D work fine (one press of a button needed.)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hmmm - interesting result. I'd have hoped that using FSUIPC macros direct may have addressed the issue (I take it you've got the most recent version of FSUIPC4, whatever that is?).

Did you ever try assigning a keyboard press to the function instead of a yoke button as mentioned above, just to see if the issue you're experiencing is specific to the HID hardware? I'd guess it is, as I don't recall hearing about any issues with A2A keyboard inputs in P3D.

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

Good idea, Nick. Just tried setting a keyboard key and same result, two key presses required.

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”