Texture loading issues when cycling views

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
FlipS
Senior Airman

Re: Texture loading issues when cycling views

Post by FlipS »

Sorry for the confusion. I think you're right.
FSX will only use physical cores, not the virtual cores of hyper threading.
If you have a quad core cpu with htt off, AffinityMask should be 14
If you have a quad core cpu with htt on, AffinityMask should be 84
I don't think it's a problem when htt is on, but if you never use it (in a pc that only is used for FSX/P3D) it must be possible to turn htt off in the BIOS.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Republic DC-9 wrote:One more question = I want to remove the "right wing" spot view where I'm staring at a zoomed in right flap from my view cycle. I know I need a CycleHidden=True in the aircraft .cfg, but where? And I seemed to lock things up as the plane ended up calling a "null value"?
Steve - it's not really recommended to remove this view using the "CycleHidden=True" line. The reason for this is that it affect the walk-round sequence and you'll no longer be able to use the > and < symbols on the shift+8 dialog (or A and shift+A) to perform the walkround (you'd have to click on the little circles for the stations instead). However, if you still wish to experiment with this setting, you'd probably have to add "CycleHidden=True" at the bottom of each "[CameraDefinition.X]" section which contains the "Description = Preflilght inspection" line.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Republic DC-9
Airman

Post by Republic DC-9 »

Thanks for all the tips, guys.

Not sure if the Affinitymask of 84 worked or not, still have some texture load issues with just the Cherokee, but the sim looks great and runs smoothly.

It's not ideal, but flyable - and in a real Cherokee it's not recommend to jump out of the cockpit and watch your plane from the outside.

Will keep working with it....

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

As I previously said, it may be a limitation of the simulator itself. I have a custom made editing and rendering rig that doubles for gaming, and I have this issue. Please keep in mind that I've made commercials for FS products and have been a power user of the simulator for nearly nine years. If you completely eliminate the problem, it may be at the expense of something else, such as the introduction of stuttering, etc. It's just an old warhorse simulator, that hasn't been updated in over eight years.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Republic DC-9
Airman

Post by Republic DC-9 »

CodyValkyrie wrote:As I previously said, it may be a limitation of the simulator itself. I have a custom made editing and rendering rig that doubles for gaming, and I have this issue. Please keep in mind that I've made commercials for FS products and have been a power user of the simulator for nearly nine years. If you completely eliminate the problem, it may be at the expense of something else, such as the introduction of stuttering, etc. It's just an old warhorse simulator, that hasn't been updated in over eight years.
Good advice, thank you....

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”