autopilot failure

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
abh_jc_03
Airman First Class

autopilot failure

Post by abh_jc_03 »

I engaged the autopilot and the blue altitude light is on without me engaging and when I continue to hit the little tab to change modes it does nothing.

abh_jc_03
Airman First Class

Re: autopilot failure

Post by abh_jc_03 »

I am wondering if it is something to do with the recent accusim update. None of my A2A aircraft are working properly. My C172 just sputters and my C182 props just slowly turn and my mixture is not moving through fsuipc but all the other axises work so I am wondering if there is some type of issue with accusim update. Everything was installed with no firewall or A/V and was run in administrator. The ready light never turns on when autopilot master is turned on. When I first got in the aircraft for the first time and I turned on the battery the aircraft started up without even any throttle or mixture and the C172 would not shut engines down when mixture and throttle was all the way off.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

can you let us know which platform you are on?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

rictus
Senior Airman

Post by rictus »

If it's any help, I run a fully up to date version of the Cherokee without using FSUIPC for any control axes (although I do have full FSUIPC installed) and I have not experienced any of these problems. The autopilot works just as it should. Maybe something in FSUIPC is interfering? Agreed it shouldn't, but maybe it would be good to rule it out, or update FSUIPC if you haven't already done so?

I'm on FSX (Not steam), Acceleration Pack, latest FSUIPC, no A/V etc, UAC disabled.

abh_jc_03
Airman First Class

Post by abh_jc_03 »

I went ahead and Uninstaller all my a2a aircraft then reinstalled then and then ran the most up to date accusim update and the autopilot is functioning now. I have not tried the 172 or 182 yet.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Okie dokie, let us know how you get on.

thanks,
Lewis

ftrusky
Senior Airman

Post by ftrusky »

FSX Accel on dx9. Just FYI, my AP in the Cherokee will no longer track, it will only work on HDG mode and manually moving the bug to change course. I have no idea why. I've had this plane since it was released and can't remember this happening before. I tried all possible combinations of cold start and hot start, recycling switches, etc., but nothing fixes the problem. Deleting the .dat file for a fresh engine rebuild did not fix the issue either. This sounds like an Accusim issue from the last update but re-running it says the plane is current. No issue with the 172. I will take a look at the 182 and Comanche before reinstalling the Cherokee but expect they will both work fine as well.

Just before it started failing I got a strange message upon opening the hangar before a flight telling me that my navigation antennas were damaged and that they were now repaired (by Accusim?). That's when the issues started. I saw no mention of this damage in any area of the Shift -8 windows prior to this message that the damage was detected and repaired.

I also note I had the COM 2 only issue last week where ATC would not work on Com 1.

After checking the 182 and Comanche I plan to uninstall and reinstall this plane to see if that will fix it.
Frank

Rig #1: I7 4770 @ 4.3,16GB @ 2133, Nv GTX780, 1TB Sansung SSD, 40" Sony KDL 40EX500,CH Prod, Bose Comp. 5, W7 64
Rig #2: I7 2700 @ 4.6, 8GB @ 1866, Nv GTX580, C=256GB SSD, E&F=2 X 600 V-raps, 30" Dell, CH Prod, Bose Comp. 5, W7 64

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

to re-run the update you must delete the update folder in the platform root > A2A > Aircraft (cherokee) folder.

thanks,
Lewis

ftrusky
Senior Airman

Post by ftrusky »

Okay, I'll try that first.
Frank

Rig #1: I7 4770 @ 4.3,16GB @ 2133, Nv GTX780, 1TB Sansung SSD, 40" Sony KDL 40EX500,CH Prod, Bose Comp. 5, W7 64
Rig #2: I7 2700 @ 4.6, 8GB @ 1866, Nv GTX580, C=256GB SSD, E&F=2 X 600 V-raps, 30" Dell, CH Prod, Bose Comp. 5, W7 64

ftrusky
Senior Airman

Post by ftrusky »

OK, re-running Accusim update after deleting the Cherokee Update folder fixed the issue, S-TEC now tracks GTN750 flight plan in GPS Mode.

May have figured out NAV/COM 1 issue. After re-running Accusim update I reset GTN Config back to NAV/COM 1 for the Cherokee before firing up FSX. I also cleaned out all trusted entries for the Accusim dll's and Cherokee from fsx.cfg so I would need to re-approve all after booting FSX. Set up a fresh flight in the Cherokee from a cold start. Still no ATC contact. On a whim I pulled up Shift+7 window (I have the ASN weather gauge installed in Shift+5 so the MAP and Radio and Maintenance Hangar and Walk Around windows move up 1 each). NAV and COM 1 boxes were totally blank, putting in the correct frequencies and ATC contact is re-established. Not sure how they got blanked out but I suspect that certainly was the reason for that problem in my case.

Thanks.
Frank

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”