KR 87

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
vangyver
Senior Airman

KR 87

Post by vangyver »

I am using Air Manager touch screen program from Sim Innovations for displaying the radio stack. I have successfully created the KMA 24 using the Lvars I found in the xml files.

Most buttons / dials are not a problem in the KR 87. Was successful using the following Lvars, L:AdfAdfButton, L:AdfBfoButton, L:AdfFrqButton, ADF ACTIVE FREQUENCY, ADF STANDBY FREQUENCY:1, L:AdfFrqEtButton.

I am trying to program the FLT/ET and SET/RST buttons for the KR 87 but can not find a way to access the information for the counter digits being displayed.

Love the Cherokee ! Fantastic !

Van

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: KR 87

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Van,

The PDF file downloadable from this topic lists many of the most useful L:Vars, often with notes on usage. I just had a quick check and this includes the buttons you mention with some added comments which may help...
FLT/ET button - (L:AdfFrqEtButton,bool) and (L:FrqEtButton,bool) to 1, don’t change the latter to 0 on release
SET/RST button - (L:AdfFrqRstButton,bool) and (L:FrqRstButton,bool) to 1, don’t change the latter to 0 on release
Hope this helps,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

vangyver
Senior Airman

Post by vangyver »

Nick M wrote:Hi Van,

The PDF file downloadable from this topic lists many of the most useful L:Vars, often with notes on usage. I just had a quick check and this includes the buttons you mention with some added comments which may help...
FLT/ET button - (L:AdfFrqEtButton,bool) and (L:FrqEtButton,bool) to 1, don’t change the latter to 0 on release
SET/RST button - (L:AdfFrqRstButton,bool) and (L:FrqRstButton,bool) to 1, don’t change the latter to 0 on release
Hope this helps,
Nick
Thank You Nick,
Yes I also have these in my notes. The buttons are easy to program and I have successfully but I am trying to display the STBY/TIMER digits. I can subscribe to the info but do not know what to subscribe to?
A similar example: fsx_variable_subscribe("ADF STANDBY FREQUENCY:1", "Hz" ------ I subscribe to this data and then I am able to display the digits in the Air Manager program. So I think there must be someway to retrieve the digits for the STBY/TIMER.

Thanks again in advance,
Van

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

vangyver wrote:So I think there must be someway to retrieve the digits for the STBY/TIMER.
Mmm, perhaps there are some additional L:Vars relating to these digits not documented in that list which A2A published. Have you tried logging the entire list of local panel variables using FSUIPC?

I recently posted a link in this topic to a tutorial by 'guenseli', one of the forum members here which I found useful when searching for L:Vars not listed in A2A's PDF file. It may just be a case of searching through them all to find if there's anything that looks promising.

I'm away from home working until the middle of next week so I'm not currently able to experiment with these L:Vars on my own set-up I'm afraid. :|

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

vangyver
Senior Airman

Post by vangyver »

Nick M wrote:
vangyver wrote:So I think there must be someway to retrieve the digits for the STBY/TIMER.
Mmm, perhaps there are some additional L:Vars relating to these digits not documented in that list which A2A published. Have you tried logging the entire list of local panel variables using FSUIPC?

I recently posted a link in this topic to a tutorial by 'guenseli', one of the forum members here which I found useful when searching for L:Vars not listed in A2A's PDF file. It may just be a case of searching through them all to find if there's anything that looks promising.

I'm away from home working until the middle of next week so I'm not currently able to experiment with these L:Vars on my own set-up I'm afraid. :|

Nick
Nick,
Thanks for the help Nick. I think most people are using Lvars for buttons / switches. I found they are easy to program in Air Manager by Sim Innovations. I also found displaying digital data in most cases also easy but when it came to the STBY/TIMER digits I ran into trouble finding the correct variable to subscribe to. I will keep looking and if I find anything will make it a point to post back here. I checked out the txt file from your link and did not find anything. I am running Air Manager on a windows 10 touch screen tablet and that will be placed behind my real flight sim instrument panel. I am using a template over the tablet with inductive buttons and dials. It requires no wiring ! Here is a link to a video for Air Manager in case your interested or not aware of the program. I think it is the future of the cockpit builders dream.
So for now I will keep looking and would greatly appreciate if you find anything you could post back here and again thanks for your help.
Van
Air Manager: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3x1uEuNtjE

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hey Van,

You're welcome, though afraid I haven't been much help so far. :roll: I also had a scan through the list (although it relates to the 182, I believe the KR 87 functions are pretty much identical) but there's nothing obvious which refers to the elapsed and flight timer values. A2A's Michael Krawczyk ('some1 - A2A') is the guy who would know I think. :)

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

Custom display data, like numbers shown on screen, is not available outside the sim.
Michael Krawczyk

vangyver
Senior Airman

Post by vangyver »

some1 - A2A wrote:Custom display data, like numbers shown on screen, is not available outside the sim.
Thank You for the info Michael.
Van

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”