F1 GTN650 Comms Problem

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
KeithR43
Airman Basic

F1 GTN650 Comms Problem

Post by KeithR43 »

Hi Guys, I might be missing something here, but the comms freqs entered either manually or clicked on in the ATC window on the GTN 650 have no effect. In other words the frequency doesn't change automatically if you click on it from the ATC window or manually entering it into the active comms box on the GTN 650 does not bring up the correct response. I am using the GTN 650 with the PA28.

Using the GTN750 works as it should and I use that with the C172,C182 and the Comanche. Any help would be appreciated.
Keith
Lincoln UK

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: F1 GTN650 Comms Problem

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Keith,

first thing to check before any real troubleshooting is that you are running the latest versions of the GTN from Flight1 and of the Cherokee via the Accu-sim updater.

Also that the integration is via the aircraft config program we include and not the flight1 tool for the 2d pop up.

thanks
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

KeithR43
Airman Basic

Post by KeithR43 »

Hi Lewis, thanks for your reply to my post. I did as you suggested and updated the Cherokee by deleting the updater file and the Flight1 GTN software by re-installing it thus making sure I had the latest version. That solved the problem and the radio's on the GTN650 are working as they should. Many thanks for your help its much appreciated. Keith

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good to hear, happy flying!

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Post by Al FR-153 »

KeithR43 wrote:Hi Lewis, thanks for your reply to my post. I did as you suggested and updated the Cherokee by deleting the updater file and the Flight1 GTN software by re-installing it thus making sure I had the latest version. That solved the problem and the radio's on the GTN650 are working as they should. Many thanks for your help its much appreciated. Keith
Don't trust the download from the store. Go to the Flight1.com site and download the latest update from there. Currently it is Patch 1.13. Trying to find out where to download the patch from is a nightmare. This link will hopefully help. Go to the bottom of the page and select your Flight Sim preference.

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=f1gtn

Also note that there is an update to the Garmin Trainer software. Be sure you have that as well.
Al Heline

Image Image Image Image Image Image

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”