I can't set my NAV radio freq right theyre off by .01

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
EvilJoven
Airman

I can't set my NAV radio freq right theyre off by .01

Post by EvilJoven »

My nav radios are doing something weird. One set of frequencies is set properly to ###.#5 and I can change the fequency in increments of .05

The other frequency is set to ###.#6 and when I turn the inner knob it switches between 6 and 1

Any way to fix this?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: I can't set my NAV radio freq right theyre off by .01

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello - another forum member had a similar problem recently in the Comanche. For the method to clear the persistent radio frequencies, please see this thread.

I'm curious as to whether you have any other add-on software which is altering the NAV frequency?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

EvilJoven
Airman

Post by EvilJoven »

I had vPilot running but that only touches the com radios and transponder. I also had The FS Economy client running that will put the radios in a failed state if you don't have an IFR package installed (as far as their service is concerned) so maybe it was that but I don't think it touches radio frequencies.

Anyway, deleting My Documents\A2A\FSX\Cherokee180\Cherokee180Log.dat.f did the trick. My plane got reset entirely including the radios.

Thanks for the hint.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Glad that you're back in business. :)
EvilJoven wrote: I also had The FS Economy client running that will put the radios in a failed state if you don't have an IFR package installed (as far as their service is concerned) so maybe it was that but I don't think it touches radio frequencies.
Actually, I think FS Economy might be the culprit, as another user reported a similar issue with the A2A 182T here: NAV frequency - reset after FS Economy flight.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

EvilJoven
Airman

Post by EvilJoven »

That is exactly what happened to me. I'd just 'bought' a Cherokee in FSE and my very first flight was to a place where I could get an IFR package put in. The FSE client must have set my radios to 111.11 as well. I knew that the FSE client would fail the radios, but I thought that was by forcing the Avionics switch back off if you turned it on, not by changing the frequency. I didn't pay it much attention because my one and only flight without a radio was about 5NM to a field where I could get one installed so I didn't even turn the radio master on.

Perhaps the documentation I read was out of date.

Anyway, all fixed, and now I know how to fix it if it happens again.

Thanks for all the help.

EDIT: perhaps A2A could include a radio sanity check in the Cold & Dark button and/or Auto-Start button. If the active and standby frequencies for the radios aren't valid set them to the closest one, rounded up?

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”