All my accu-sim planes are damaged

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
makchas
Airman Basic

All my accu-sim planes are damaged

Post by makchas »

Hi i am experiencing problems with all my accu-sim planes, they all seem to be all damaged exactly the same way and complete overhaul does not seem to work. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. I am running it on fsx. Thanks in advance.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: All my accu-sim planes are damaged

Post by Oracle427 »

You will need to run the simconnect installer on your simulator and that should fix the problem. See the FAQ thread for details of where to find the installer for your sim version.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi, and welcome to the forums,

You will receive, a lot of support and understanding in this place. Let me suggest few things that you may try.
1) make sure you have run the latest update of A2A aircrafts, found here:

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 07&t=41279

2) Reinstall this version of SimConnect (SimConnect tends to break from time to time :wink: ):

http://a2asimulations.com/public/downlo ... onnect.msi

Last but not least, keep the original default flight in FSX as default, the one with the trike. If you have any saved flights you may try deleting them.
That's it as a start, hope those tips are helpful!

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Is that version of simconnect globally compatible? Their software already comes with simconnect and it should only be a matter of running it. There should be no need to download simconnect or so I thought.

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Oracle427 wrote:Is that version of simconnect globally compatible? Their software already comes with simconnect and it should only be a matter of running it. There should be no need to download simconnect or so I thought.
I don't know which FSX he is running, boxed or SE. I am in Europe and have the boxed edition, the SimConnect from the link in the forum was newer than the one in my Acceleration pack. It works pretty fine.
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes simconnect will come with steam, heres the default directory for the files and folders;

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Yes simconnect will come with steam, heres the default directory for the files and folders;

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK

thanks,
Lewis
That is good to know Lewis. Do you know if the steam simconnect is newer than the one in the link from the forum, or it is app. specific?

--
Will

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

The steam edition FSX is far beyond disc edition, I tend to think of it as SP3, not used the disc FSX for some time now.

P3D is utterly separate platform it uses its own simconnect as it develops forward too.

thanks,
Lewis

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Lewis,

I believe LZ-WIL was asking if there are any benefits or drawbacks that you know of to using the Steam simconnect with FSX. Assuming you have tested this of course.

makchas
Airman Basic

Post by makchas »

Thanks a lot guys for your quick replies. This seems to have done the trick
LZ-WIL wrote:Hi, and welcome to the forums,

You will receive, a lot of support and understanding in this place. Let me suggest few things that you may try.
1) make sure you have run the latest update of A2A aircrafts, found here:

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 07&t=41279

2) Reinstall this version of SimConnect (SimConnect tends to break from time to time :wink: ):

http://a2asimulations.com/public/downlo ... onnect.msi

Last but not least, keep the original default flight in FSX as default, the one with the trike. If you have any saved flights you may try deleting them.
That's it as a start, hope those tips are helpful!

Cheerz,
Will

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Absolutely no idea, but they are built with a specific version of software in mind so best to stick to that.

thanks,
Lewis

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Glad to hear that you are all set makchas.

Thanks for the updates Lewis, I believe I learned new stuff for SimConnect tonight. Honestly said, I did not suspect that FSX box and SE were using different versions.

--
Will

1991 GT-X
Airman

Post by 1991 GT-X »

Hey guys. me again. lol. I was trying to run the steam version with my high end system and had all kinds of problems getting a2a stuff to run right. I got so fedup with it all i formatted my SSD drive and reinstalled windows 7 and then i purchased the Microsoft Flight Simulator Gold Edition from ebay ( wow, i can't believe how expensive used software for this is) and installed that and then installed mega scenery, trees, genesis terrain mesh, mega sound and then my a2a Cherokee 180 and all is working great. I still can't seem to get rid of that clunking sound in the plane when it's sitting still with all off. I can't hear it when i switch camera views to the outside of the plane, only when i'm in the cockpit. But it's doable compared to the way things were with steam.

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”