Cherokee Landing Light - Can It be changed ?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
pdeswardt
Airman Basic

Cherokee Landing Light - Can It be changed ?

Post by pdeswardt »

Hi Lewis

How can I get a landing light for the Cherokee as in this Youtub video ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... RlhM#t=139

See what mine looks like in the below screenshot, I much rather prefer the natural, and much better looking one in the video ? Mine looks very unnatural and way too bright...

Thanks

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Cherokee Landing Light - Can It be changed ?

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi, I'll jump in to save Lewis the job as this should be an easy one! :)

You just need to go to your Start Menu (or whatever the equivalent is in W10) and under the A2A Simulations/Cherokee menu there's an option for the "Cherokee Aircraft Configurator". This is where you select the "custom" landing lights option which is what's depicted in the video.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

pdeswardt
Airman Basic

Post by pdeswardt »

Awesome ! Thanks so much Nick !

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I should be counting the spot on 'BOOM HEADSHOT' Nick is currently taking at the moment in some of his replies hehe :mrgreen: (Warning the joke relies on a basic knowledge of the birth of classic FPS gaming aka Quake, Unreal etc)

thanks and happy flying,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Lewis - A2A wrote:I should be counting the spot on 'BOOM HEADSHOT' Nick is currently taking at the moment in some of his replies hehe :mrgreen: (Warning the joke relies on a basic knowledge of the birth of classic FPS gaming aka Quake, Unreal etc)
I could dance all day! I could dance all day! :mrgreen: I'm still pretty much like Dara O'Briain when it comes to hectic FPS games though Lewis... :wink:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWQXzGTzM1g[/youtube]

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

LMAO, love that stand up routine, actually hoping to catch him at some point when he next plays Norwich or Cambridge, a few friends I go to stand up with yearly (Normally Dave Gorman) have seen him in the past and say hes very much worth seeing live.

cheers,
Lewis

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yeah, I'm a big fan of Dara, though I haven't seen him live either Lewis (or Dave Gorman, come to that...)

Cheers,
Nick

P.S. I agree pdeswardt that the custom "3-D" landing lights look a nicer than the default ones. :) I think they can cause click-spot issues with some setups though, which is why they're not the default option.
A2A Simulations Inc.

pdeswardt
Airman Basic

Post by pdeswardt »

Maybe what the guys at P3D are saying has some bearing on why things don't always work from a lighting perspective ? Has to do with offsets in the .fx files included in the model ? Not that I have any clue what that means - LOL ?

I'm saying this - because now that i have that new nice custom light working - thanks ! Looks so much better !!!. The landing light doesn't always illuminate the ground - even when it's set to do so in the P3D options. I can see it's on from the outside - but from within the 3D cockpit - it does not appear to be on. Only after a lot of fiddling by changing aircraft etc does it finally come on.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=113957

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes it seems P3D v3 has many bugs with lighting. You might want to report to them that often you have to reload aircraft many times before the lighting is initialized correctly.

thanks,
Lewis

pdeswardt
Airman Basic

Post by pdeswardt »

I'm actually on my way to do so, because a new issue has suddenly reared its ugly head - P3D crashes if I select a different Cherokee livery. It DOESN'T crash if i select a default aircraft that came with the sim, only when i already have the cherokee loaded, and then want to select a different livery of the same aircraft. It also crashes if I select to reset the scenario while having the cherokee loaded.

Never happened in 2.5

BigCapitalist777
Airman

Post by BigCapitalist777 »

Nick M wrote:Hi, I'll jump in to save Lewis the job as this should be an easy one! :)

You just need to go to your Start Menu (or whatever the equivalent is in W10) and under the A2A Simulations/Cherokee menu there's an option for the "Cherokee Aircraft Configurator". This is where you select the "custom" landing lights option which is what's depicted in the video.

Cheers,
Nick

Hello,

Was having the same problem with my other planes and I fixed the lights, BUT my Cherokee doesn't even have the configurator that the Cessna 182 and Comanche do, it's just not there and when I'm in the cockpit of the Cherokee and flip the landing lights on nothing illuminates the ground, there is light coming out of the build but no light in front of me...

If someone could help I would appreciate it

Thanks,

Easton

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Easton,

Sounds like you just need to download and run the latest Accu-Sim update. If you've already done this (and perhaps reinstalled the Cherokee since) you'll need to delete the client.wyc file, e.g...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\A2A\Cherokee180\Update_fsx\client.wyc

...And run the update again.

Cheers,
Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

yes as Nick says it seems that you may need to run the updater again after deleting the update folder.

thanks,
Lewis

BigCapitalist777
Airman

Post by BigCapitalist777 »

Nick M wrote:Easton,

Sounds like you just need to download and run the latest Accu-Sim update. If you've already done this (and perhaps reinstalled the Cherokee since) you'll need to delete the client.wyc file, e.g...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\A2A\Cherokee180\Update_fsx\client.wyc

...And run the update again.

Cheers,
Nick
Thanks for the quick help, I did update it but nothing happened, the light still is doing the same thing...I have a Nazi Internet company so I have to wait like 24 hours to download anything so I'll try downloading the updater again and running it.

In the meantime until I get to try it again, is there anyway to fix the interior lieghitng in all the A2A planes in P3D with HDR? Because to be totally honest the lights on the instruments look horrible, that's the only thing that I don't like, besides that everything is perfect and mind blowingly accurate and detailed.

Thanks,

Easton

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

BigCapitalist777 wrote:I did update it but nothing happened, the light still is doing the same thing...
If the update was installed successfully, you should get the option to run the "Cherokee Aircraft Configurator" from the Start Menu, which is where you can select the "custom" landing lights. If this tool still isn't available, did you make sure you deleted the "client.wyc" file (or the whole update folder) as described above?

Cheers,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”