GTN Garmin 750 integration with Cherokee 180

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
sage
Airman First Class

GTN Garmin 750 integration with Cherokee 180

Post by sage »

I'm considering adding the GTN 750 to my A2A Cherokee 180, but I realize the 750 does not automatically integrate itself to the instrument panel without using a complex procedure. According to Flight1, it will appear as a popup. My question (not answered by Flight1): if the 750 appears as a popup, and since it does not integrate with the 180's instrument panel, how does the moving map of the 750 connect itself to the flying parameters such as airspeed, attitude, altitude, direction and etc.? In other words, how does the 750 know which airplane I'm using and where I'm I going if it is not integrated into the cockpit of the plane I'm flying?

I currently have the Garmin 540 integrated into the Cherokee and it works well; when I click the 540 screen a popup appears and I move it to my left monitor.

Thanking you in advance for your help.
Patrick

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Re: GTN Garmin 750 integration with Cherokee 180

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Good questions, but none are necessary. Let me assure you that the 180 is fully integrated for the 750. In other words, if you purchase it, you only need to run the 180's configuration utility and select the Flight1 750 and then you're good to go. It is fully implemented in the 3d cockpit, works with the autopilot, and has a popup version as well that can be quickly accessed by clicking on the side of the gauge.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yup Cody's spot on. Just run the aircraft config to add the GPS option for your Shift + 3 options and away you go.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

byikjuan
Airman Basic

Post by byikjuan »

On my C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\A2A\Cherokee180\Tools
Not apear the Aircraft configuration utility but on the Cessna 182 if appear why happend, how can i resolved?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

byikjuan wrote:On my C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\A2A\Cherokee180\Tools
Not apear the Aircraft configuration utility but on the Cessna 182 if appear why happend, how can i resolved?
Hello,

if you can start a new thread with your exact issue and providing as much detail as possible that would enable us to better help you.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”