I can not get, "It's been over a month since you last flew..

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Cherokee180owner
Airman

I can not get, "It's been over a month since you last flew..

Post by Cherokee180owner »

On my FSX Cherokee 180, I can not get the message "It's been over a month since you last flew...this is not good for the airplane. to disappear from the Hangar memos page. I flew the plane at least 10 hours this month. I have the latest upgrade to the Cherokee

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Re: I can not get, "It's been over a month since you last fl

Post by Caldemeyn »

Hmm maybe something is amiss in the hangar?

Brendan
Airman First Class

Post by Brendan »

Cherokee180owner wrote:On my FSX Cherokee 180, I can not get the message "It's been over a month since you last flew...this is not good for the airplane. to disappear from the Hangar memos page. I flew the plane at least 10 hours this month. I have the latest upgrade to the Cherokee
Did you try putting the additive in the oil? Worked for me.
Blue skies and calm winds,

SPC Brendan Baker
15D10 Helicopter Powertrain Repairer
Co D(-) 1/106th Aviation Regiment Decatur, Illinois
Illinois Army National Guard

Cherokee180owner
Airman

Brendan, Thanks for the tip. I even changed the oil and that did not work either.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

It almost sounds like a bug. Are you OK to reset your plane? Did you try an overhaul? Also, you can try deleting the Documents / A2A / FSX / Cherokee180 folder?

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

aprewett
Staff Sergeant

Post by aprewett »

Dumb question, but how is the additive added. I was playing around with it and could not see an obvious button to add it.
Thanks
Allan

stephan.cote.1
Staff Sergeant

Post by stephan.cote.1 »

When in hangar click on the oil type for oil change ... When you get the option between the 3 oil viscosities, there should be an option for additive on the left side of this contextual box....

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Cherokee180owner
Airman

aprewett wrote:Dumb question, but how is the additive added. I was playing around with it and could not see an obvious button to add it.
Thanks
Allan

Allan, Go to the hangar, click on the cowling, click on the oil change, on the left side of the oil selection window is "additive", click on it, then click on OK

Cherokee180owner
Airman

Scott - A2A wrote:It almost sounds like a bug. Are you OK to reset your plane? Did you try an overhaul? Also, you can try deleting the Documents / A2A / FSX / Cherokee180 folder?

Scott.

Scott, I can not find the documents you specified, I did a complete overhaul and that did not work. Help me find the documents and I will try that before I reset the plane. Dean

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

Scott wasn't talking about documents, he's talking about your "My Documents" folder in Windows. Inside that there will be an "A2A" folder, that is where the *.dat files are kept which are the files that hold the state of each of your A2A Accusim aircraft. If you delete the relevant aircraft's folders, then Accusim will create new ones the next time you load the aircraft in FSX. This sometimes resolves issues like the one you are having.

Cherokee180owner
Airman

molleh wrote:Scott wasn't talking about documents, he's talking about your "My Documents" folder in Windows. Inside that there will be an "A2A" folder, that is where the *.dat files are kept which are the files that hold the state of each of your A2A Accusim aircraft. If you delete the relevant aircraft's folders, then Accusim will create new ones the next time you load the aircraft in FSX. This sometimes resolves issues like the one you are having.
Thanks, That did it.

jwontf
Airman

Post by jwontf »

I am now having the same problem. When I bring up the maintenance hangar, I get the message that ' its over a month since I last flew - this is not good for the plane'. This is my most used plane in FSX.
I have tried oil additive and the re-set button in the Controls box. I have tried a complete overhaul. I have looked in My Documents folder and cannot find an A2A folder.
Anyone have any other ideas? Thanks.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

jwontf wrote:I am now having the same problem. When I bring up the maintenance hangar, I get the message that ' its over a month since I last flew - this is not good for the plane'. This is my most used plane in FSX.
I have tried oil additive and the re-set button in the Controls box. I have tried a complete overhaul. I have looked in My Documents folder and cannot find an A2A folder.
Anyone have any other ideas? Thanks.
Hello the simulation wont work without the A2A Folder in your documents folder so you'll want to find that and then delete the .dat file for the Cherokee. An example of the address on win10 laptop with m docs redirected to D: drive to keep my C SSD free for just OS; D:\My Docs\A2A

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

jwontf
Airman

Post by jwontf »

Thanks, Lewis.
I found the A2A folder - it was a hidden folder revealed by changing the folder view options on Windows 10.
I have deleted C182Slog.dat file and the notes in the maintenance hangar no longer shows the 'It's been a month ....' entry.
Hopefully the problem is solved.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good to hear let us know how it goes

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”