Uncommanded left turn

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Re: Uncommanded left turn

Post by Al FR-153 »

I01 wrote:Guys

For the last few weeks my mate was complaining about his Cherokee constantly turning left. My answers were something similar to what is above, plus I recommended that he update to the latest version, which he did. Even after the update his Cherokee was turning left. One thing he noticed was his left rudder pedal was all the way forward but nothing he did re calibration of the stick would help. Finally he changed the joystick USB plug to another socket,on his computer,and his problems were over! He was using his joystick in a gaming key pad socket and not it's direct into the computer.

Ian

Ian..... Had the same issue of the USB port and the throttle axis. This was shortly after doing the latest Saitek update. Switched USB ports and issue went away. I have since taken every bit of control away from Saitek software that I can, using the A2A Config. first and then Registered version of FSUIPC. I don't know what they did, but that Saitek update did NOTHING GOOD for me.
Al Heline

Image Image Image Image Image Image

RAioD
Airman Basic

Post by RAioD »

I was having the same issue and even reinstalling the sim and aircraft did not solve it, calibrated joy and what nots and still banking hard to the left... then I figured to try unplugging my joy and just try taking off with the keyborad to see if the hard (not slight) left turn persist, guess what? now the aircraft fly almost straight with that really slight left turn like it should. So if your aircraft turn to the left too hard its not by design, youre having some joy input issues.

rlgerou
Airman

Post by rlgerou »

I had a problem with this also, and I agree with the guy two or three posts back, if fly a 63, 180 and it is far and away more stable in all axis than the a2a. Having said that, the best way I have found to get the a2a Cherokee trimed and calibrated is to, set sim to clear air no wind, fill both tanks to full, zero the rudder trim contol, fly at about 2400 rpms, and calibrated...really make sure your doing full deflection on all axis. I use a Sitek yoke, with rudder peddles...make sure you are calibrating the right device. It general defaults to the peddles.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Try the 4/16/16 update.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”