GTN 750 disapeared

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Shalomar
Staff Sergeant

GTN 750 disapeared

Post by Shalomar »

Since updating to P3D 4.3 my GTN 750 has disapeared from the VC of my Cherokee. My shift three options are always no gps, 295 and 400. When I open the aircraft configurator it says I have selected the GTN 750. I have tried setting it back to default then back to GTN. Also I have run the tool in admin mode. I uninstalled the Cherokee and redownloaded it today. I did not delete my logs, and I do not have the GTN 750 in my VC. The GTN configurator says it is in my cherokee. Any ideas?

Donald
Virtual Avgas fits my budget...

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: GTN 750 disapeared

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Donald,

A couple of questions...

1. When you re-downloaded, did you download the new (v18.4.22.0) installer for the Cherokee? More info on this here.

2. Have you downloaded and installed any available updates from Flight1 which may be needed for GTN 750 compatibility with P3D v4.3? (I'm not sure if there are any, but maybe worth checking.)

Thanks,
Nick

Shalomar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Shalomar »

I downloaded the latest installers and my GTN 750 works in other aircraft.

Apparently I have previous files floating around, even though I deleted my documents/a2a folder I get the notification when installing that I have other a2a aircraft installed there when installing my first aircraft.

Donald

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Donald,

This might just be because you need to launch Prepar3D once between uninstalling your previous A2A products and installing with the new installers. This is to allow the program to refresh its "add-on.cfg" files.

However, you'll also need to manually remove the "Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A" directory if doing a clean reinstall. The old installers will leave a few shared files behind.

Thanks,
Nick

Shalomar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Shalomar »

I think I have narrowed it down to not being a problem with the airplane. The GTN 750 appears when I use the P3D icon but not when I use Flyinside.

Donald

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Aha! Thanks for the added info Donald. Afraid I don't use a VR headset or Flyinside so can't be too much help with this issue, but does it create its own copy of the panel.cfg file?

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”