The A2A Simulations Community

"Come share your passion for flight"
It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:59 am 
Airman Basic

I just updated my Cherokee 180 (someone did an excellent A2A paint simulation of my plane, N9476J) to include dual Garmin G5's and think it would be great if a similar configuration could be available as part of the A2A simulation. I've already downloaded the G5 simulator someone did and added it as another window, but integrated in the panel would be best.

If you want to see a video of my upgraded panel installation, you can see it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So35bPI42vg

Thanks for the great simulation, I use is to maintain my IFR competency.

Tom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:36 pm 
Airman Basic

Please delete

Martin

Last edited by mas618 on Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:59 pm 
Airman Basic

tanery wrote:
I just updated my Cherokee 180 (someone did an excellent A2A paint simulation of my plane, N9476J) to include dual Garmin G5's and think it would be great if a similar configuration could be available as part of the A2A simulation. I've already downloaded the G5 simulator someone did and added it as another window, but integrated in the panel would be best.

If you want to see a video of my upgraded panel installation, you can see it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So35bPI42vg

Tom

Tom - I second that 100%. We've recently started installing G5 in the Piper Cadets where I fly.

Where did you find a G5 gauge - is that working in p3d v3?

Thank you!

Martin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:15 am 
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Sorry Tom, no plans for this at the moment. With so many options we have to just go with what we have as it'd be impossible to model all of them and the endless combinations for a single product.

thanks,
Lewis

A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:23 pm 
Airman Basic

The G5 simulator I found is here: http://www.fs2000.org/2016/12/05/fsxfs2 ... hsi-modes/

It’s pretty good and integrates well with the 172 panels and is easy to add as a separate window in the A2A PA28 simulator, just not into the 3d panel. Even couples with the autopilot (like my real STec 30 integration)p, except it locks onto the heading).

Let me know how you make out.

tom

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:25 pm 
Airman Basic

I understand Lewis, just thought it was worth asking. Thanks for a great product.

tom

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:16 pm 
Airman Basic

tanery wrote:
The G5 simulator I found is here: http://www.fs2000.org/2016/12/05/fsxfs2 ... hsi-modes/

It’s pretty good and integrates well with the 172 panels and is easy to add as a separate window in the A2A PA28 simulator, just not into the 3d panel. Even couples with the autopilot (like my real STec 30 integration)p, except it locks onto the heading).

Let me know how you make out.

tom

Excellent Tom - thank you very much, i'll give it a go with the panel.cfg - first time for me messing with that one - always learning!

Regards

Martin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:33 pm 
Airman Basic

tanery wrote:

Tom

Hey Tom!

Got the G5 up and running - nice to familiarize with the setup...
1) Have you had any luck upping the refrsh rate on the gauge - it really lags in my setup...?
2) I was unable to set the CRS via the HSI - it seems to be slaved to the CRS on the "old" NAV1 instrument. Also my F1 GNS650 is unable to drive the CRS on the HSI in GPS mode, seems to only drive the "old" NAV1...?

Anyways, thanks your help!

Martin