No sound through overhead cabin speaker

The Low Wing Wonder
new reply
CoolDanLuke
Airman Basic

No sound through overhead cabin speaker

Post by CoolDanLuke »

Is there a way to have the audio from the comms heard on the cabin speaker that is overhead above the pilot? It seems that the functionality exists on the KMA 24 audio panel (top row supposes to switch on speakers) but not sure if this is simulated in the Cherokee.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: No sound through overhead cabin speaker

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi and welcome to the forums.
CoolDanLuke wrote:Is there a way to have the audio from the comms heard on the cabin speaker that is overhead above the pilot? It seems that the functionality exists on the KMA 24 audio panel (top row supposes to switch on speakers) but not sure if this is simulated in the Cherokee.
No, this functionality isn't supported in the sim at present I'm afraid. You can play the 'voice' channel through a different device to the engine sounds (e.g. a headset) but transferring this voice channel back to your PC speakers via the KMA 24 audio selector isn't possible.

However, I guess you could achieve much the same thing by changing the voice playback device to the default playback device (presumably your speakers) in the FSX/P3D sound settings.

Thanks,
Nick

CoolDanLuke
Airman Basic

Post by CoolDanLuke »

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your reply. I was thinking I was doing something wrongs as I was pressing the buttons on the KMA24 and nothing was happening. Its no big deal though. As you stated, I can simulate by configuring the voice channels to go to speakers instead of headset but it would be nice if it can just be selected at the panel for added realism.

-CDL

TBryson2
Staff Sergeant

Post by TBryson2 »

Don’t feel too bad. Ever since my wife started having hot flashes I’ve been trying to get the cabin heat to work also. :mrgreen:
TB2
Ocala Flight Sim Club
United States Marine Corps

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180”