Gremlin bit my prop

The Low Wing Wonder
new reply
LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Gremlin bit my prop

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hello,

I was planning a trip from KBTR to KGPT, when Accu-Sim surprised me. I could not catch this issue in the initial walk around, I admit. :)
I started the engine and there was an unusual shake of the dash and the entire front of the plane, not violent but noticeable. It did not pass even when the engine started to warm-up. I shut down the engine and went to the maintenance hangar. To my surprise, I was told by the mechanic that my beloved Cherokee has a prop damage having barely 40 hours. On a second walk around pass I noticed the difference in the blades edge surface. It looked like a little gremlin has bitten my prop. :shock:
I have not experienced this type of prop damage in any of my A2A planes GA or Warbirds.

P.S. I hope you share my excitement from the unexpected surprises and realism that A2A team gives us with their models.

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Gremlin bit my prop

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Gremlins seem to have the most fun with planes, as Bugs Bunny found to his peril..... :roll: :lol: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZElJxTCIsJI

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Nice one Will. And rather hard to catch. In RL I run my fingers along the leading and trailing edge of the propeller to catch a dent or some other damage. In the sim we unfortunately don’t have that sensation so it’ll be a lot harder to catch something like that. Nice job noticing it during engine warm up though. That takes some sensitivity I’m sure!

And yes I love those failures too! It makes the simulation feel so much more alive!

Thanks for sharing
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Thank you Mike and Sebasitan!

That one really caught me off guard. :wink:

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Accu-sim still catching people out, great stuff 8) 8)

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180”