STALL alert

The Low Wing Wonder
new reply
Marenostrum
Airman

STALL alert

Post by Marenostrum »

First post in A2A.

I am Stefano, ...not so young now...but able to remember when, as a boy, I was used to fly with my father the PA28 following the route with a finger on a map and crossing lines following VORs and ADFs.
I have to say that as soon as I started up the engine of the A2A sim I had a jolt!!!!
From that point...all the details, knobs, sounds....have been so realistic that I did, with my VA, a complete Norway tour in the Orbx scenery really in a sentimental mood!!!

Cannot say less that "INCREDIBLE accuracy"!
My compliments.

Now I have about 70 hrs of experience in the Cherokee...and I noticed a particular that it seems to be different with the PA28 I was used to fly: The stall alert....I remember also a buzz sounding (not only the red lamp). I remember it sounding, some times, just few seconds before touching the rwy at slow speed.

In the A2A I have seen the lamp lighting before the touch down, but I did not hear any sound?!
To tell the truth, I was used to fly also the 172 ...so may be I am confusing the two.

Ciao,
Stefano

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: STALL alert

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Stefano - welcome to the forums. (And also to the A2A Cherokee fan club!) :)

There's a bit more info on the question of stall warning horns as fitted to PA-28s in this thread. The short answer is that they don't seem to have been original factory equipment in the -180 model which A2A have reproduced, and this is no doubt why we don't have one fitted.

All the best,
Nick

Marenostrum
Airman

Post by Marenostrum »

Nick M wrote:Hi Stefano - welcome to the forums. (And also to the A2A Cherokee fan club!) :)

There's a bit more info on the question of stall warning horns as fitted to PA-28s in this thread. The short answer is that they don't seem to have been original factory equipment in the -180 model which A2A have reproduced, and this is no doubt why we don't have one fitted.

All the best,
Nick
Ok....I flew a more recent PA 28....and if I am right, also the trim was on a trim wheel and not overhead.
The radio stack was identical.

Thank you.
Stefano

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes a newer model will be very different cockpit wise and also fly a little different as it will have a different wing too.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Yes Stefano, also note that the Comanche 250, which came out before the Cherokee, also had just a lamp that lit up. This is how the early Cherokees were before they moved to the audible alert.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180”