Everything A2A does is awesome!

The Low Wing Wonder
new reply
rahoward144
Airman

Everything A2A does is awesome!

Post by rahoward144 »

I realize that in this forum I'm preaching to the choir, but you guys at A2A need to know just how much I appreciate your Cherokee 180. I have several of your planes, but I'm working on my PPL in the 180. At the start of my training I thought it would be in a C172, but ended up at another school where they fly Pipers.

My first solo was on October 23 after 8 hours of training, and I give great credit to the high-fidelity of your 180 (using P3Dv4). I logged 15 pre-solo hours on the simulator, which does not include the multiple landing replays I watched, and I'm 100% convinced that it saved me from a significant amount of actual flying. It's just a guess, but a savings of at least 6 hours or more seems very realistic. It took me at least that long in the simulator to remember all the steps without leaving something out. That's about $900 saved (I pay $150/hr for plane and CFI). At one point, my CFI jokingly asked if I was cheating on him lol. But after every actual flight, I practice what I learned and can remember in the simulator until it starts making sense, and then I practice even more. He can see the improvement every time we meet.

The accuracy of your simulation is incredible. To make your model fly like my trainer, I removed the wheel fairings, flap seals, set the same amount of fuel, pilot/co pilot weight, etc... and found there's very little difference in power settings when I'm practicing. I also use real-time-weather and fly out of my home field. On the simulator, learning where and when to lower flaps and what RPMs and airspeeds to use became more automatic and allowed me to think about the radios (which was causing my brain to lock up). Even most of the switches and gauges are in the same place!

I could go on and on, but I think you all get the point. I would encourage anyone who is training, wanting to train, re-training, or whatever, to take advantage of your very realistic models. I don't have a fancy setup, just a $30 joystick... no rudder pedals (I twist the joystick) and TrackIR5, which I really like for pattern work. One day I'd like to get all those things, but I'm putting all my money into training right now.

Finally, THANK YOU for doing such an amazing job! Your products are worth so much more than you actually charge. You're awesome!

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Re: Everything A2A does is awesome!

Post by DHenriques_ »

rahoward144 wrote:I realize that in this forum I'm preaching to the choir, but you guys at A2A need to know just how much I appreciate your Cherokee 180. I have several of your planes, but I'm working on my PPL in the 180. At the start of my training I thought it would be in a C172, but ended up at another school where they fly Pipers.

My first solo was on October 23 after 8 hours of training, and I give great credit to the high-fidelity of your 180 (using P3Dv4). I logged 15 pre-solo hours on the simulator, which does not include the multiple landing replays I watched, and I'm 100% convinced that it saved me from a significant amount of actual flying. It's just a guess, but a savings of at least 6 hours or more seems very realistic. It took me at least that long in the simulator to remember all the steps without leaving something out. That's about $900 saved (I pay $150/hr for plane and CFI). At one point, my CFI jokingly asked if I was cheating on him lol. But after every actual flight, I practice what I learned and can remember in the simulator until it starts making sense, and then I practice even more. He can see the improvement every time we meet.

The accuracy of your simulation is incredible. To make your model fly like my trainer, I removed the wheel fairings, flap seals, set the same amount of fuel, pilot/co pilot weight, etc... and found there's very little difference in power settings when I'm practicing. I also use real-time-weather and fly out of my home field. On the simulator, learning where and when to lower flaps and what RPMs and airspeeds to use became more automatic and allowed me to think about the radios (which was causing my brain to lock up). Even most of the switches and gauges are in the same place!

I could go on and on, but I think you all get the point. I would encourage anyone who is training, wanting to train, re-training, or whatever, to take advantage of your very realistic models. I don't have a fancy setup, just a $30 joystick... no rudder pedals (I twist the joystick) and TrackIR5, which I really like for pattern work. One day I'd like to get all those things, but I'm putting all my money into training right now.

Finally, THANK YOU for doing such an amazing job! Your products are worth so much more than you actually charge. You're awesome!
We had exactly this in mind when we did the 180. Personally I consider this release one of the best we have ever done.
Our 172 has become a world standard but I have a special feeling about the Cherokee.
I gave a lot of dual in Cherokees for both Part 141 and 61 operations and as an instructor I wouldn't hesitate to offer our 180 as an additional training tool in any flight training program.
Glad you like us, and best of luck with your flying.
Dudley Henriques

Mawingo28
Airman

Post by Mawingo28 »

rahoward144, I'm right with you. I'm not a RW pilot, but have spent many hours in the right-hand seat GA, with plenty of 'you-take-over' moments. But in the sim world I keep buying planes from other producers which claim all sorts of things, but there's always something not quite right: OOMs, procedures, manuals, fdes, etc. When this happens I settle back into an A2A plane (now gone back to the Cherokee) and everything's smooth and beautifully rendered with much less frame-rate hit than some others with less functionality and realism. I'm approaching my favourite airfield late in the evening with a strong headwind and everything goes slomo with the flaps and power reduction, over the fence, a gentle flare and we are earthbound again. Now retract flaps, lean mixture and remember to open the vent window or else my passengers are going to fog up the view! Top marks from me on immersion...

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Glad you are enjoying the simulation, I hope she helps you get that PPL and enables your aviation adventue to really take off (pun pun pun :mrgreen: )

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180”