Reset downloads 5DL limit

The Low Wing Wonder
new reply
maxkillers
Airman Basic

Reset downloads 5DL limit

Post by maxkillers »

Is it possible to reset my 5 maximum download limit?
And how do i do it? I have 2downloads left and Im feeling anxious since my current installer is having major problems and the next sim update that id have to redownload the plane, I might change to 4.2 as well (maybe if it has sloped runways) to making me use em all my download limits up!!!

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Reset downloads 5DL limit

Post by Oracle427 »

If you PM Lewis with your order # he can reset it. Note that the aircraft download does not contain any update. The downloads are always the base "1.0" version. You must always download the update utility in the sticky topic above to get patched to the latest version.

Also note that the latest update must not be applied if you use P3D v 4, it will only work on P3D.v 4.1. Based on posts by others I believe that this update is causing trouble for those choosing to remain on P3D v 4. Hope I am not spreading misinformation with this last remark.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

you shouldn't really be re-downloading for those reasons, but I can activate as and when needed.

What I recommend you do is downloading once and then saving your paid product on your backups for the next time you want to install it. You'll find it saves time on the next reinstall if the have a handy backup for your stuff.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

maxkillers
Airman Basic

Post by maxkillers »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

you shouldn't really be re-downloading for those reasons, but I can activate as and when needed.

What I recommend you do is downloading once and then saving your paid product on your backups for the next time you want to install it. You'll find it saves time on the next reinstall if the have a handy backup for your stuff.

thanks,
Lewis
I understand about the reasons with my thoughts on having more access to downloads when a new patch comes and thanks for being able to reactivate when needed(:, it's just I think my current installer is faulty and I have it backed up right now but, first off its getting put in the wrong area (what should be the plane going into simobjects is just going into an a2a v4 area root folder), not in the simobjects location but in where ever I tell it to be installed into, 2nd off I have engine start up troubles, I tried using the auto start function and start from cold and dark (which I may have done wrong) but if the autostart function is failing to then it's probably not me! I'll try and install the plane into the simobject airplane folder instead off the p3dv4 root folder and see if it fixes it... Does that make sense? Sorry for being a bit unclear if it is, it's a bit hard for me to describe root directeries since planes install into many different places in v4 and the C drive!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

it sounds like everything is correct. P3Dv4 native add-ons should be installed outside the main directory as described in the P3Dv4 manual, documentation and SDK. This allows Lockheed to update P3D without the need to reinstall add-ons all the time.

thanks,
Lewis

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Again, keep in mind that the patches are not included if you download the software at a later date. They are always the same original version.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

espresso
Airman Basic

Post by espresso »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

thanks,
Lewis
Hi Lewis,

Due to a PC problem and several installations I exceeded my download limit of the Comanche in the store. I am sorry but I made it a habit to re-download when installing anew instead of using loca backups.
I was trying to reach you via PM (order nr. with a request for reset) but I can't send you PMs due to my account being new.
Is there another way to reach you? The email I used in the forum is the same as in the store.

Thanks in advance for you reply!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello espresso,

all activated for you on the forums here if you want to fire me a Private message.

thanks,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180”