Loading default aircraft - does the location matter?

The Low Wing Wonder
J van E
Staff Sergeant

Re: Loading default aircraft - does the location matter?

Post by J van E »

This seems to work perfectly fine! Now I can leave my plane again as it is and where it is! And of course looking at it from the outside, empty and doors closed. Awesome! Can't get more real than this. :wink:

And I also found a simple and obvious workaround for the change of day and time: edit the saved fxml file! Open it in Notepad, search for date and change the settings the way you want them! This way you don't have to first load the flight and then set time and day which may cause another reload! It seems a bit cumbersome to do it this way but it is done in seconds and it sure does help to keep the immersion high. :wink: I made a shortcut to the fxml file (which I overwrite everytime at the end of my flight) on my desktop so editing is done in no time. Tested it a few times and it works like a charm! No more need to select the plane from the list and all that: just load the flight and you are where you were the previous time. Great!

VH-MAL
Senior Airman

Post by VH-MAL »

Thanks for that Lewis, very helpful.

As I have always said about A2A - great planes, great service!

Malcolm

VH-MAL
Senior Airman

Post by VH-MAL »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Yes you should be good to go with that. But always remember the more software you have installed the more complex your flightsim is the more chance of things not initialising correctly and or in the right order.

Rule of thumb is load the default first, be that in the sim or at the GUI. I never ever have P3D or FSX set to launch right into sim, I always load to the main menu first.

thanks,
Lewis
Thanks for that Lewis, very helpful.

As I have always said about A2A - great planes, great service!

Malcolm

Edit - forgot the Quote first time!

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180”