Unavailable

The Low Wing Wonder
new reply
lifejogger
Airman Basic

Unavailable

Post by lifejogger »

I recently purchased the Piper Cherokee 180 for p3dv4 and have had nothing but problems with it since I installed it. The auto pilot does not work, the radios do not light up, it is impossible to trim the plane for straight and level flight and it keeps pulling to the right. So I decided to uninstall it and then reinstall it to see if that would fix it. But when I went to my apps list it said that it was unavailable and I could not uninstall it. It said could not open the INSTALL log file.
Does anyone know what I can do about this?

Thanks

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Unavailable

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

lets avoid the reinstall for now as that's the worse thing you can normally do when troubleshooting and I advise against it all the time, it often causes more problems than it solves.

So lets concentrate on your issues. Can you better let us know about the issue you encounter and your system, and setup. For example how do you load a flight, any third party software and or have you edited your default flight. Are your sim settings set as per the manual.

If you are using FSX and P3Dv3 or lower have you run the latest updater;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 15&t=57819

And lastly and most importantly have you pre-flighted your aircraft to check she is fit for flight, in this case are all the breakers correctly working providing full avionics power for you?

thanks
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

lifejogger
Airman Basic

Post by lifejogger »

I can’t uninstall so I can’t reinstall it.
If by system you mean what flight simulator, I am running P3Dv4 and I am basically using the defaults settings that it installed with it except for the realism settings and I use what is in the Cherokee 180 manual. When I start up P3Dv4 I it loads my default flight which is my home airport and my start up aircraft is the Piper Cherokee 180. I have no third party software running. I am not sure what you mean by is your sim settings set as per the manual (Cherokee 180 Manual)?
I have also gone through all of the pop up screens and checked the various settings and they all look okay.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

it sounds like you are trying to use the Cherokee as your default flight?

We advise against this, you really only want a default aircraft as your default flight due to load initialisation issues, esp with more complex third party simulations.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180”