What would it take?

The Low Wing Wonder
new reply
n454mw
Staff Sergeant

What would it take?

Post by n454mw »

Hi, I own both the Cherokee and the Connie. One of the things I really like about the Connie is the navigator's notes on the map screen. I like the elapsed time and distance traveled readouts. I thought it would be handy to have that feature in the Cherokee so I made backups of the files mapsettings.xml and mapscreen.xml in the A2A_Piper_PA28_180_Cherokee\panel\A2A_PA28 folder. I then copied the same files from the Connie into the A2A_Piper_PA28_180_Cherokee\panel\A2A_PA28 folder. I'm getting groundspeed, observed winds, temperature, and visibility but that is all. I used the list local panel variables function from FSUIPC and checked the variables that I found in the mapsettings.xml for those Lvars. The ones I found were L:AircraftTime, L:F_FlightTimeCalc, L:F_DistanceCalc, L:F_GroundSpeedCalc, L:EstEndurance, L:EstRange. They all seem to be listed as being able to be used by the Cherokee. Can somebody tell me why certain variables are being read and some aren't?
Thanks
Thanks Mark

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: What would it take?

Post by Tomas Linnet »

My guess is these variables are a part of the core, but not used on all aircraft.
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180”