No battery power Am I too stupid to operate this aircraft?

The Low Wing Wonder
new reply
gbetar01
Airman Basic

No battery power Am I too stupid to operate this aircraft?

Post by gbetar01 »

After installing this aircraft on my FSX Steam version, I am unable to start the engine. Other posts mention the hanger, or doing a walk around, but I can find no documentation on what this means. Clearly I am missing something completely! I cannot believe that A2A intends to make using this software so difficult to use/understand that an actual PA28 pilot cannot figure it out. So, how do I get battery power to operate the fuel pump, starter, radio's, etc. Turning on the master switch does nothing.

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Re: No battery power Am I too stupid to operate this aircr

Post by TreeTops »

Have you read the supplied manual? It is all explained in there.
If this is your first A2A aircraft, welcome to the club. Only the very best aircraft can be found here.
Spend some time in the manual and you will grow to love the Cherokee. There is also plenty of help here on the forums.
Cheers
Trev

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Yes definitely read the manual. It'll help you understand how the simulation works.

The maintenance hangar can be found by pressing shift+7 btw :wink:

Happy flying
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the forums,

are you new to flight simulator as a whole?

Its advisable to get use to the platform and flight sim prior to jumping too much into third party software as it'll only result in frustration as you will have to learn how the platform software works prior to everything else, views clicking, flight plans etc etc.

Which platform are you using?

If you are familar with FS it could be an actual tech support issue, a common one being simconnect in P3D that needs installing.

The manual is under your windows start menu > all programs > A2A Simulations (may vary dependant on OS)

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

cflord
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by cflord »

The documentation that comes with the airplane is the best place to start enjoying your new A2A airplane. With that said; if you have discharged your battery to the point at which it is dead; go to the maintenance hanger and click on the battery area on the airplane pic to recharge the battery and try again! If your starting procedure is incorrect according to the A2A Cherokee Manual, it is possible to discharge the battery before you get the engine running. This goes for most of the A2A airplanes. I hope this helps.

Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down!

Ret SMSgt Cliff Lord - C-130 Flight Engineer & Mechanic :idea:

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

As with your previous topic, the manual is your friend. It will show you the location of all switches and pop-up panels that are needed to operate the aircraft in the sim in a realistic manner.

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

I use fsuipc and tick infinite baterry.... but I still manage to bugger up my battery. My plane hates me !
i7 7700k (4.5 GHz) / GTX 1080 8GB - Gigabyte Windforce OC 3X / 32GB DDR4 2400 Hz (CL15) / Samsung EVO 970 plus M.2 nvme (1TB) / BeQuiet 650W PSU 50amps 12v rail -- (with P3Dv4, AS + ASCA / REX Texture Direct)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Gabe777 wrote:I use fsuipc and tick infinite baterry [...]
Strongly recommended that you don't tick this option if using A2A aircraft - it can cause problems. :wink:

Thanks,
Nick

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

Really. Crikes I need to read the manual and start again !

Battery.....I do know how to spell battery.....really.....battery !
i7 7700k (4.5 GHz) / GTX 1080 8GB - Gigabyte Windforce OC 3X / 32GB DDR4 2400 Hz (CL15) / Samsung EVO 970 plus M.2 nvme (1TB) / BeQuiet 650W PSU 50amps 12v rail -- (with P3Dv4, AS + ASCA / REX Texture Direct)

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180”