NDB Default Frequency

The Low Wing Wonder
new reply
Mithras
Airman First Class

NDB Default Frequency

Post by Mithras »

Hi, I notice the DME default frequency is 1400 on both the 182 and the Cherokee, which means a lot of manual knob turning on my Saitek panel to get to 400 or 300! Is there anyway to modify the cfg to change its default starting frequency??

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: NDB Default Frequency

Post by Nick - A2A »

As far as I can recall* Mithras, the active ADF frequency will be whatever's stored in the flight file which you load. In other words—unlike the NAV and COMM frequencies—it's not one of the persistent avionics variables saved by A2A in their custom "*Log.dat.f" file. However, the standby ADF frequency is a custom A2A variable if I recall correctly. (By default, FSX/P3D doesn't allow for a standby ADF mode.)

Therefore, to save an active ADF frequency other than 1400, you'll probably need to resave the flight. Alternatively, you could edit the relevant *.FLT/*.fxml file depending on whether you use FSX or P3D.

Cheers,
Nick

*Haven't spent much time with FSX/P3D lately, so hope I'm not providing dodgy info here... :P

Mithras
Airman First Class

Post by Mithras »

Thanks for the advice. I tried saving the flight in cold and dark, but 1400 still keeps popping up. I'll have a look for this .flt file...
Nick M wrote:As far as I can recall* Mithras, the active ADF frequency will be whatever's stored in the flight file which you load. In other words—unlike the NAV and COMM frequencies—it's not one of the persistent avionics variables saved by A2A in their custom "*Log.dat.f" file. However, the standby ADF frequency is a custom A2A variable if I recall correctly. (By default, FSX/P3D doesn't allow for a standby ADF mode.)

Therefore, to save an active ADF frequency other than 1400, you'll probably need to resave the flight. Alternatively, you could edit the relevant *.FLT/*.fxml file depending on whether you use FSX or P3D.

Cheers,
Nick

*Haven't spent much time with FSX/P3D lately, so hope I'm not providing dodgy info here... :P

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

If you're using FSX, the *FLT files are saved in the "Flight Simulator X Files" directory in "My Documents". They can be opened with a standard text editor, and the line in question to change would be "ADFActive=1400" in the "[Avionics.0]" section.

Cheers,
Nick

Mithras
Airman First Class

Post by Mithras »

Many thanks!

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180”