Lesson learned the hard way concerning bad weather.

The Low Wing Wonder
new reply
sloppysmusic
Senior Airman

Lesson learned the hard way concerning bad weather.

Post by sloppysmusic »

https://youtu.be/GnSSowppLcU

I set out in mild sunny conditions for a nearby airfield to practice circuits. Weather turned bad and instead of diverting early, I stubbornly tried to stick to my original goal. The realism of Active Sky's live weather combined with OrbX and the A2A Cherokee has changed forever my flight prep in sim after this episode. Current weather conditions are no longer enough. I will research forecasts as well and make sure I have enough fuel on board not just to return to my original airport but also to divert to a third 50 miles away if I have to. A sobering experience.
Notice during the video the Davtron M-903 is damaged and rendered unusable by the lightning/electrical storm. Dang how is that possible??! Too real...

Still experimenting with color gamut. Looks too saturated on one monitor and flat on another. Wish I could afford a calibrated one! Any comments welcome. If it's too saturated please let me know :D

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Lesson learned the hard way concerning bad weather.

Post by Lewis - A2A »

hehe nice video and scary too, there becomes a point where the sim matches real life and just in real life there are plenty of no fly days, so bets to check the weather and un like reality change it if needed to a fly friendly day :mrgreen:

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Lesson learned the hard way concerning bad weather.

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Or go somewheres else. :lol: That's where Flightsim has it all over the real world. At least you can fly, but not maybe where you first wanted. I run ASN too and it can get bumpy, to say the least, but it's rarely boring.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180”