rxpGNS!

The Low Wing Wonder
new reply
steveksi
Airman Basic

rxpGNS!

Post by steveksi »

Why does the aircraft.cfg call for gauge=rxpGNS! when these files are not resident from the install. Or am I missing something. P3D gives an list of errors after ever flight.

[error.66]
error=Gauge file not found: A2A_PA28!blackout
[error.67]
error=Gauge file not found: rxpGNS!GNS530
[error.68]
error=Gauge file not found: rxpGNS!GNS430
[error.69]
[error.70]
[error.71]
[error.72]
P3D V3
Alienware M17X R4 Win 7 Pro
NVIDIA GeForce GTX675M
Intel 17 3720QM 2.6/2.6 16GB

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Re: rxpGNS!

Post by mallcott »

The contenterrorlog is bugged and should never be turned on.
It was left on from beta testing of one version of the sim and was quickly updated to ensure that it is NOT used. But you don't say what version you are using...

If you are using a recent version it is turned off by default and should be left that way.

There is no problem with the product or your sim.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Additionally, the rxpGNS gauge entries are there to support third party GPS simulations. The A2A "Cherokee Aircraft Configurator" allows you to integrate any third party GPS products which you may own. Otherwise, you should set this to the "default" option.

Nick

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

Nick M wrote:Additionally, the rxpGNS gauge entries are there to support third party GPS simulations. The A2A "Cherokee Aircraft Configurator" allows you to integrate any third party GPS products which you may own. Otherwise, you should set this to the "default" option.

Nick
The issue is that the contenterrorlog is suggesting huge numbers of bogus errors because it is not sophisticated enough to recognise the difference between an `active` module that is missing allied textures, a `pending` module where all the instruction are in place but not active, so any missing texture calls are irrelevant; or a `closed` module where all instructions and texture are in place, but are simply switched off (usually with an Active=0 or False=1)!
In every case there is NO impact on read/write times or performance.

The tool is used ONLY on a completely default setup of P3D, and is variant-specific as it is a part of the build development module to scan for any missing combinations of files and textures that may have inadvertently been left off the default build. It's a developer tool and our OP is not, I presume from the level and tone of his post, a developer.

Anyone using it on anything else, with anything else, is simply not using the tool as prescribed. If the OP is using it on the latest version of P3D then he must have turned it on himself, and that was mistaken. If he's using the single version that accidentally had that module active then he needs to visit the L-M forum and learn why it should be turned off, and why he should have upgraded the version.

Either way, not an issue.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

mallcott wrote:The issue is that the contenterrorlog is suggesting huge numbers of bogus errors because it is not sophisticated enough to recognise the difference between an `active` module that is missing allied textures, a `pending` module where all the instruction are in place but not active, so any missing texture calls are irrelevant; or a `closed` module where all instructions and texture are in place, but are simply switched off (usually with an Active=0 or False=1)!
I'm pretty sure that in this instance, only the active panel.cfg file will trigger a content error if it references gauges which are not available. This is the case as tested at any rate, hence the suggestion to the OP to make sure that the aircraft hasn't been configured for third party GPS software which isn't installed.

I certainly don't dispute that content logging in P3D should be disabled though. :)

Nick

P.S. A quick question for the OP: is this the P3D version of the Cherokee you've got installed?

steveksi
Airman Basic

Post by steveksi »

I am new to P3D and A2A. But the P3D is V3 Academic, the very latest version. Did not turn on or off anything, just installed it.
The Cherokee is also the very latest and yes tis for P3D.

From the little I know. If aircraft.cfg calls for a gauge, and does not find one, then I am not surprised it bounces back the error.
From a users point of view, we are going to get concerned when an error log kicks out 1000 lines of errors. When they followed the install to the T.
Perhaps things like that and other seemingly easy install problems could be in an install manual, not in 100s pages of forums. We are not all coding people whom will use this, not particularly cheap, program.

On a side. It does fly close to the real plane though.
P3D V3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX675M

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

It sounds like your P3D is not updated? You shouldn't be getting any errors, as mentioned the error log is a development tool and a buggy one for use by platform developers only. It was turned on by mistake for v3 I believe but then turned off as default soon after due to the natural community and developer backlash.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

steveksi
Airman Basic

Post by steveksi »

As I mentioned, Lewis. Prepar3D_v3_Academic_3.4.14.18870 just installed it. And the error log is on.

This is what I just got (Every Time)
ALSO: On Exit of P3D. I get a windows error, asking if I want to close P3D or try to find a solution. Error is in the cherokee.dll not unloading.

Here is the log file again I skipped the center repeated errors.

[error.0]
[error.1]
[error.2]
[error.3]
error=C-style gauge failed to load: C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_Piper_PA28_180_Cherokee\panel\Cherokee.dll, Gauge: avionics. Verify the correct version of SimConnect is installed.
[error.4]
[error.5]
[error.6]
[error.7]
[error.8]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Type: Unknown
Name: Unknown
Error: Invalid script (command not found - perhaps a space is missing or there's an extra space?): ")" in: )
}
els{ 0 }

[error.9]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Error: Invalid script (command not found - perhaps a space is missing or there's an extra space?): ")" in: )
}
els{ 0 }

[error.10]
error=Gauge/Script Error
}
els{ 0 }

REPEATED DOWN TO --------

[error.997]
error=Gauge/Script Error
}
els{ 0 }

[error.998]
error=Gauge/Script Error
}
els{ 0 }

[error.999]
error=Gauge/Script Error
}
els{ 0 }

Shoul I just delete the rxpGNS call?
P3D V3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX675M

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

steveksi wrote:As I mentioned, Lewis. Prepar3D_v3_Academic_3.4.14.18870 just installed it. And the error log is on.

This is what I just got (Every Time)
ALSO: On Exit of P3D. I get a windows error, asking if I want to close P3D or try to find a solution. Error is in the cherokee.dll not unloading.

Here is the log file again I skipped the center repeated errors.

[error.0]
[error.1]
[error.2]
[error.3]
error=C-style gauge failed to load: C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_Piper_PA28_180_Cherokee\panel\Cherokee.dll, Gauge: avionics. Verify the correct version of SimConnect is installed.
[error.4]
[error.5]
[error.6]
[error.7]
[error.8]
error=Gauge/Script Error
}
els{ 0 }

[error.9]
error=Gauge/Script Error
}
els{ 0 }

[error.10]
error=Gauge/Script Error
}
els{ 0 }

REPEATED DOWN TO --------

[error.997]
error=Gauge/Script Error
}
els{ 0 }

[error.998]
error=Gauge/Script Error
}
els{ 0 }

[error.999]
error=Gauge/Script Error
}
els{ 0 }

Shoul I just delete the rxpGNS call?
As I said, it is OFF by default and with good reason on 3.4.14.18870, so someone or something may have turned it on, mistakenly or otherwise.
Please just do as your told: Turn it OFF and report any remaining errors here.

It could simply be that you haven't installed the Simconnect files - these are included in redist\interface and should be added manually if they haven't auto-installed with the sim. All of them.

The forum already has numerous posts in the finding and installing of simconnect and how to find out what is and isn't installed on your system so a quick search and read up on the topics should fix you right up with specific information for A2A products- IF that is where the actual problem is.

If not, come back with full system information and the error messages and we can progress.

The sim is a sophisticated product working in a sophisticated operating system environment. To think one can operate a cutting-edge addon like an A2A product without at least some responsibility and knowledge for your computer, hardware and software is naive. Perhaps your last post was out of frustration, but that's no reason to ignore the sound and sage advice you're being given...

steveksi
Airman Basic

Post by steveksi »

The sim is a sophisticated product working in a sophisticated operating system environment. To think one can operate a cutting-edge addon like an A2A product without at least some responsibility and knowledge for your computer, hardware and software is naive. Perhaps your last post was out of frustration, but that's no reason to ignore the sound and sage advice you're being given...
The problems with forums, is the lack of respect.. Aint naive bro. And not frustrated.
When I do an electrical installation, I make sure it functions as designed, before I conclude business. I am just bringing to light a error state. As when I first installed the Cherokee, the control surfaces would not work and engine not start. So after digging through a wadge of posts found the sim connect problem. Perhaps it would be prudent for this elementary step to be in the supplied manual.

Nuf said.
I will continue to use the limited experience I have gained from 20 years of sim use to correct the issues. :D
P3D V3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX675M

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

steveksi wrote:
The problems with forums, is the lack of respect.. Aint naive bro. And not frustrated.
When I do an electrical installation, I make sure it functions as designed, before I conclude business. I am just bringing to light a error state. As when I first installed the Cherokee, the control surfaces would not work and engine not start. So after digging through a wadge of posts found the sim connect problem. Perhaps it would be prudent for this elementary step to be in the supplied manual.

Nuf said.
I will continue to use the limited experience I have gained from 20 years of sim use to correct the issues. :D
Strange. I also work in electrical installations (Nuclear power stations, major infrastructure projects and the like) and I would NEVER post as you did without doing my research first. Including searching all available resources before even commencing the job.
Guess my 20 years of simming trumps yours because of that subtle difference... which is how I was able to deduce your problem even when you failed to correctly state it.

And I am most definitely not your `bro`, or anything resembling same so please mind your manners and your presumption. Other forum members need to know if I were related to you I would have apologised for it before now. :shock:

Your `thanks` for helping you solve your own tiny, self-induced issue is duly noted.

Great Ozzie
A2A Test Pilot

Post by Great Ozzie »

steveksi wrote:The problems with forums, is the lack of respect.
Steve,

In this case, I disagree.

mallcot's attitude is an aberration. It is atypical for A2A Forums.

Sorry for the grief he has given you in this thread. Please don't take it as representative of the A2A community as a whole. I would suggest ignoring it.

-Rob
Rob Osborne
Flight Instructor - CFI, CFII, MEI, MEII
A & P Mechanic

FAASTeam - Safer Skies Through Education
Professionalism in aviation is the pursuit of excellence through discipline, ethical behavior and continuous improvement. NBAA

steveksi
Airman Basic

Post by steveksi »

Thanks Rob.. Already have.
Cool plane though, reminds me of my solo...
P3D V3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX675M

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good stuff, but as noted just turn it off it should be off by default and means nothing to the end user.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180”