Migrating from FSX to P3DV3

The Low Wing Wonder
new reply
lorketomi
Airman Basic

Migrating from FSX to P3DV3

Post by lorketomi »

Hello all,

Finally I have switched from my old and loved FSX to P3DV3 and abandoned my A2A planes (the two Cessnas and the two Pipers).
The Cherokee is my absolute favourite of all times, so I've selected to re-purchase it first for P3D. It performs beautifully in the new environment.
I would like to continue flying exactly the same aircraft which I flew most in FSX (N38GH). Around 210 hours went in it without any serious problems. :)
My question is: Are the .dat files compatible between the two sims, so can I import my aircraft history from FSX to P3D?

Thank you in advance

Tamas

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Migrating from FSX to P3DV3

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Tamas - welcome to the forums! :)

Actually, if you have a concurrent installation of FSX and P3D, an A2A plane which is installed in both sims actually shares the same *log.dat file (in the "FSX" folder in "My Documents/A2A"). Therefore you shouldn't have any problem backing-up the *log.dat files from your current installation and using them for the P3D versions.

Cheers,
Nick

lorketomi
Airman Basic

Post by lorketomi »

Hello Nick,

Thank you for your reply, and thank you for your N38GH paint! :)
I have a new computer with a fresh installation of both simulators, although I haven't installed any addons for FSX. Actually I decided to use Prepar3D only, so I installed my addons only for that sim.
Luckily I have my old FSX .dat files as a backup from my old computer.
From what you said about the shared .dat files I suspect they must be compatible so I will give it a try.

Cheers

Tamas

ps: Thanks to the current sale I re-purchased the Cessna 182 for P3D as well.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hey - you're welcome Tamas and I'm glad you like the N38GH paint. With just a P3D installation, I'm not sure if the *log.dat files have to go in the FSX or P3D directory. However, the best bet is probably to load the Cherokee before you copy in your *log.dat files, see where it places them, then just overwrite them with your backed-up copies.

Cheers,
Nick

lorketomi
Airman Basic

Post by lorketomi »

Hello Nick,

I did it exatly like you said, and it works perfectly! :D

Thans again.
Tamas

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180”