Pushback and turning the cherokee at the gate

The Low Wing Wonder
Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Pushback and turning the cherokee at the gate

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Whatever comes, in the meantime you should be able to use the slow slew mode to gently move the aircraft a few feet on the apron.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

I haven't come across an airport yet where one doesn't taxi across the fuel pump from one side to the other instead of pulling nose in to it. Usually the taxi markings will approach from either side of the pump and are linked by half circle or a straight segment in front of the pump with two 90 degrees turns at with either side. It would be awkward to have everyone towing themselves around the pump.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Illi73
Staff Sergeant

Post by Illi73 »

Oracle427 wrote:I haven't come across an airport yet where one doesn't taxi across the fuel pump from one side to the other instead of pulling nose in to it. Usually the taxi markings will approach from either side of the pump and are linked by half circle or a straight segment in front of the pump with two 90 degrees turns at with either side. It would be awkward to have everyone towing themselves around the pump.
Yeah, that makes a whole lot of sense (obviously I am not a real pilot, I only fly in the sim). Apparently FSX thinks this is normal procedure, heheh. I wonder what they have been drinking ;)

gege21
Senior Airman

Post by gege21 »

Hello dear flyers, (for those which don't use FSUIPC)

I know this is an old post but still on the actuality and got the same annoying stuff want to push back my plane to the left or right side. Pressing "Shift+P" then "1" or "2" doesn't nothing the pushback action is always straight line backward.

Just went to discover how to get the default Fsx pushback working when pressing the dedicated key Shift+P then 1 or 2 to turn your aircraft on the left or right side. This works for no towed A2A aircrafts like the Cherokee and the C172.

First I refer to FSX Steam edition to be clear. By default the pause game action is assigned to these two keys "Pause" or "P" keys. You probably need only one of these keys.
The pushback action is assigned to the combination keys "Shift+P".
What I have done :
1- delete the second pause action assigned to the "P" key.
2- delete the pushback action assigned to the "Shift+P" combination keys.
3- assign the "P" key to the pushback action.

You are done and ready to use the default FSX pushback action.

When you load your A2A C172 or your A2A Cherokee, and you want to pushback them from their parking place , press at the SAME TIME the keys "P" + "1" or "2" to pushback to the left or the right side and you will be happy. Obviously if you press only "P" key the pushback go straight lined backward.

That works by me.

Hope that could help some of you who want to use this feature even if the slew mode is still an other work around.

Have nice flying virtual time.
Cheers
Gerard
P3Dv4.5/P3Dv5.3: C172R Trainer/C182/Piper Cherokee 180/Comanche 250/L049 Connie/Bonanza/J3 Cub
FSX SE : C172R Trainer/C182/Piper J3 Cub/L049 Connie

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180”