Cherokee 180 P3D Upgrade

The Low Wing Wonder
new reply
Smiling_Joe
Airman Basic

Cherokee 180 P3D Upgrade

Post by Smiling_Joe »

I purchased the 180 when it first came out a couple of months ago. At the time I didn't have P3D, but now I have been trying P3D and like it. So I was wondering if you offer an upgrade for the fsx only version to the p3d with (roughly) the same discount as the bundle, as I don't want to fully purchase the aircraft again for P3D. If you offer an upgrade (or work something out to that affect), I would gladly like to purchase it.

Thank you

tbaac
Technical Sergeant

Re: Cherokee 180 P3D Upgrade

Post by tbaac »

This question seems to get asked a lot and the answer is usually "no there isn't, other than the 30 day grace period given originally".

I've been wondering if there's any difference between the P3D and FSX versions of the Cherokee other than the license and the installer, and whether its possible to install the FSX version in P3D with a few workarounds.

(Because I've already bought it once and it I'd only be using one version at a time, similar to being allowed to install A2A products on more than one PC at home).

Just wondered, sorry.

edit: I'm sorry, I know that companies need to make money. I've paid for most AccuSim and AF planes and never (to my knowledge) broken the licensing terms.
But, one of the reasons that I haven't bought P3D yet is that (assuming I buy the Professional version) I'd need to pay $160 to buy a new license to fly the same version of 2 planes that I already fly, in exactly the same way as I already use them, just with slightly nicer scenery and volumetric clouds. A2A's licensing has always seemed brilliant to me. You can install on more than one PC for personal use, and you don't have to type in long codes when registering. Brilliant except in this case.
ImageImageImage

MSFS, xplane 12.
5600x, 32GB ram, RX 6800XT, Windows 11.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

P3D is a professional platform and different to FSX with its own native models just like FS2004 against FSX. A P3D aircraft will not work in FSX.

Our licensing matches Lockheed almost exactly as they set the bar so to speak, and is inline with the professional flight training market.

Thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

tbaac
Technical Sergeant

Post by tbaac »

Thanks for the reply Lewis.

Are the P3D versions of the C172 and Cherokee different from the FSX versions, other than the license and installer? If so then it might be worth mentioning on the product pages of the store.

P3D is marketed and licensed as a professional product. However, the majority of A2A's customers who use P3D, I imagine use it as FSX with better graphics. There are some parts of FSX that aren't included in P3D, but we didn't use those most of the time anyway. There are some additions in P3D over FSX, but if they were in FSX then we'd use them, despite arguably using it for 'entertainment'.

And is 'professional' a sliding scale? FS2004 was less professional than FSX, which itself is less professional than P3D?

The other thing that confuses me is that I can't ever remember reading a review of the P3D version of the Cherokee or the C172. If their P3D and FSX versions were so different, how come no one's bothered reviewing the P3D versions as a separate entity?

Sorry :oops:
ImageImageImage

MSFS, xplane 12.
5600x, 32GB ram, RX 6800XT, Windows 11.

DeskPilot518
Senior Airman

Post by DeskPilot518 »

Personally I think a lot of the FSX vs. P3d is about the perceived image of the product.

Basically, they want to labelled P3d as a "professional" product because this helps with FAA certification.
Especially when it is used with simulators like Red Bird. They want it to be FAA approved. Hence that is why they stress its usage. It's a "Professional Product", that gets used in Professional trainers, and is FAA approved.

Although I am sure certain things about P3d lend it towards training usage.

But in reality, P3d is being used for home entertainment too, but LM is obviously trying to down play this. I don't think they mind they mind the extra income though!

Still P3d is an upscaled version of FSX in actuality. Very much the same product in many ways.
And I believe it was a sisters version of FSX that was sold to LM from Microsoft.
My blog!
DeskPilot's Flight Sim Blog:
http://deskpilot518.blogspot.com/

Deboprop
Airman Basic

Post by Deboprop »

If one has purchased the FSX version what is the procedure to acquire it to work with P3D V4.2?
Is there an upgrade, a special price or is it a totally different product?

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
This as been asked loads of times , the simple answer is , if you purchased FSX then you need to repurchase P3Dv4 as it is a completly different product.
If you purcased FSX/P3Dv3 as a bundle then you get a free upgrade to P3Dv4.
regards alan. 8)

Deboprop
Airman Basic

Post by Deboprop »

Yes, I thought so too...

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180”