My worn cockpit :(

The Low Wing Wonder
SolRayz
Airman First Class

Re: My worn cockpit :(

Post by SolRayz »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Interesting and certainly looks like some of the bangers I've been around lol :mrgreen:

Just one comment though dont go too mental with the addition of the wear, sometimes some subtle wear is best.

thanks,
Lewis

:lol: hahaha, yeah its definately a junker right now, lol. I'm trying to clean her up a little. Maybe got a little over zealous at first. As you can see the guage panel is now worn but not quite boneyard material.

I'm redoing the seats, and I hate what happened to the ceiling in the rear. Got some cracks going on the dash too.

HercFan
Airman First Class

Post by HercFan »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Just one comment though dont go too mental with the addition of the wear, sometimes some subtle wear is best.

thanks,
Lewis
I totally agree with what Lewis mentioned. All I am totally in for a well worn cockpit. I don't really care for exterior repaints, since I spend 99.9& of time in the VC. But am thrilled that finally, more and more repaint artists are paying attention to vc repaints. And back to the point made by Lewis, don't over do it. I find there is a thin line between 'over the top' wear effects, and natural usage worn.

Cheers!
HercFan
Gatineau, Qc, Canada

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Agreed that subtle is best, but I would add that you will find that older planes tend to have worn carpets and scuffed metal ribs, exposing the shiny metal underneath. Door trims get a little worn, particularly along the bottom edge as the door gets pushed open by feet as it won't stay open. In warmer climates, plastics crack and break, particularly the overhead plastic panel which is quite light weight. Having flown a 25 year old example, I think they hold up to wear quite well.

Hope this helps,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

maloney
Airman

Post by maloney »

Dogsbody55 wrote:Agreed that subtle is best, but I would add that you will find that older planes tend to have worn carpets and scuffed metal ribs, exposing the shiny metal underneath. Door trims get a little worn, particularly along the bottom edge as the door gets pushed open by feet as it won't stay open. In warmer climates, plastics crack and break, particularly the overhead plastic panel which is quite light weight. Having flown a 25 year old example, I think they hold up to wear quite well.
I am working on a VC that will be exactly what you describe here. Like some of my previous C172 interiors, the Cerokee VC will be "well used", but not filthy. I will post some pictures as soon as i'm ready.

Cheers,

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

maloney wrote:
Dogsbody55 wrote:Agreed that subtle is best, but I would add that you will find that older planes tend to have worn carpets and scuffed metal ribs, exposing the shiny metal underneath. Door trims get a little worn, particularly along the bottom edge as the door gets pushed open by feet as it won't stay open. In warmer climates, plastics crack and break, particularly the overhead plastic panel which is quite light weight. Having flown a 25 year old example, I think they hold up to wear quite well.
I am working on a VC that will be exactly what you describe here. Like some of my previous C172 interiors, the Cerokee VC will be "well used", but not filthy. I will post some pictures as soon as i'm ready.

Cheers,

Thanks. I have your worn cockpits for the C172 and they're great. I'll look forward to the release of your "old" VC.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

n72.75
Senior Airman

Post by n72.75 »

It looks like someone left the a door open for a couple years...

Boon1986
Staff Sergeant

Post by Boon1986 »

Must Have :)
PIC of:
GA: C172-/C182-/P28-180-/P250-/ -Accu-Sim
P250- / -Accu-Sim-2.0
WOS: B377-L049-COTS-/PJ3-/ -AccuSim
WOP: P40-/Spitfire-/B17-/P51-/ -AccuSim

delta737200
Airman