Morse and autopilot

"Faithful Annie"
new reply
JohnHubb
Airman

Morse and autopilot

Post by JohnHubb »

I guess I must have missed something but where are the instructions on how to use the Morse equipment in the Anson?

And, is there or is there not, a simple heading/alt hold autopilot?

John
Last edited by JohnHubb on 28 Jun 2015, 13:33, edited 1 time in total.

stiz
BDG

Re: Morse and autopilot

Post by stiz »

Glad you like the aircraft :)

You cant use the morse equipment in the anson. You can however bring up a non-ww2 period radio panel (shift+5) where theres a couple of modern radios and an autopilot, alongside gauges so you can set the heading bug etc :)

Hope that helps!

JohnHubb
Airman

Post by JohnHubb »

Thank you very much, stiz.

Unfortunately, SHIFT-5 doesn't bring up anything except a User Tip saying that no panel is mapped to SHIFT-5!
Obviously, I am missing something somewhere.

Also, how to activate the 'tractor'?

John

stiz
BDG

Post by stiz »

hmm odd, that panels been in since the beta and no ones mentioned it being missing! my only suggestion is to make sure the plane installed properly. Any easy way to check is to go to the planes panel folder and see if you have a "nav-bg.bmp" file. The defualt location is "Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\AF Avro Anson\panel".

Also theres no tractor at all in the AF Avro Anson, not sure where you heard that there was one? :)

JohnHubb
Airman

Post by JohnHubb »

There is no "nav-bg.bmp" file. Seems I will have to reinstall the package.

On the tractor, there is a folder under ....\SimObjects\Airplanes\GFA ANSON TRACTOR.
The Anson 'Annie' is the only GFA plane I own so it must have been part of that download.

John

Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Post by Paul K »

John, from the sound of it, the Anson you are talking about is the FS Add-Ons one, not the Aircraft Factory model.

JohnHubb
Airman

Post by JohnHubb »

Paul K wrote:John, from the sound of it, the Anson you are talking about is the FS Add-Ons one, not the Aircraft Factory model.
Thanks, Paul K, but I wonder what makes you think that.

I'd be grateful if someone could tell me how to uninstall this Air Factory Anson. There is no uninstall in any of the folders and Aircraft Factory does not appear in Remove/Uninstall in Control Panel.
I cannot re-install until I have done this.

John

Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Post by Paul K »

JohnHubb wrote:
Paul K wrote:John, from the sound of it, the Anson you are talking about is the FS Add-Ons one, not the Aircraft Factory model.
Thanks, Paul K, but I wonder what makes you think that.
You mention a GFA Anson Tractor in your Sim Objects\Airplanes folder. That tractor is part of the FS Add-Ons package, not the Aircraft Factory one. And Shift+5 does nothing in the FS Add Ons Anson except bring up that message , exactly as you've described.

JohnHubb
Airman

Post by JohnHubb »

So, I seem to have the part only of the Aircraft Factory Anson, missing the .air file. And, I have the FS Addon version too!

How to proceed now? Should I just remove the AF Anson folder, make a new download and reinstall again?

stiz
BDG

Post by stiz »

JohnHubb wrote: How to proceed now? Should I just remove the AF Anson folder, make a new download and reinstall again?
Yes that sounds like the best cause of action :)

JohnHubb
Airman

Post by JohnHubb »

stiz wrote:
JohnHubb wrote: How to proceed now? Should I just remove the AF Anson folder, make a new download and reinstall again?
Yes that sounds like the best cause of action :)
:)

new reply

Return to “Avro Anson MKI”