Anson in P3Dv2

"Faithful Annie"
new reply
YoYo
Staff Sergeant

Anson in P3Dv2

Post by YoYo »

In P3Dv2 lights dont work:

I have too some of StackHash CTD in the end of flight.
http://yoyosims.pl/
W10, i9 9900K, RTX 3090, RAM32Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3200MHz, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] HP Reverb v2, VR fly only

stiz
BDG

Re: Anson in P3Dv2

Post by stiz »

well without having p3dv2 to test anything i can only guess ... the first would be to see whether or not p3d has the following in the effects folder

fx_navgre.fx
fx_navred.fx
fx_navwhi.fx

if it doesn't, then you'll need to copy them across from the fsx\effects folder

If that doesn't work, i'm afraid i haven't a clue :?

YoYo
Staff Sergeant

Post by YoYo »

No installation was ok. Have this files in Effects folder. Strange.
W10, i9 9900K, RTX 3090, RAM32Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3200MHz, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] HP Reverb v2, VR fly only

stiz
BDG

Post by stiz »

hmm strange, the only thing i can think of then is the new shaders p3dv2 has as those fx files are stock fsx ones with nothing fancy in them. I'll ask a friend who has it to check it out and see if he gets the same thing.

Ian P
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian P »

No, he doesn't. :?

Mine was an installation of Annie RC2, which I understand was no different to the release version, using the "copy of FSX.exe in P3Dv2 folder" trick to install it.

Ian P.

stiz
BDG

Post by stiz »

I honestly have no idea why it would work for one person and not another, seeing as how the effects are stock fsx, as are the visibility codes. Only thing i can suggest is reinstall the annie :?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

The Anson is an FSX release so has not been tested in P3DV2. As noted in the thread already there can be mixed results depending upon setups etc. The lighting is certainly an interesting one, YoYo you might want to ask in the P3D forums if others have encountered lights out in some areas whilst others are ok.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

YoYo
Staff Sergeant

Post by YoYo »

Strange :). Yes I install with fsx.exe in P3Dv2 folder for sure. Looks like everything works, just this nav. lights not. I will follow this.

Ian P
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian P »

Out of interest, did you turn them on using the switches in the VC, or using the "L" key, YoYo?

I used the switches.

Cheers,

Ian P.

YoYo
Staff Sergeant

Post by YoYo »

Ian P wrote:Out of interest, did you turn them on using the switches in the VC, or using the "L" key, YoYo?

I used the switches.

Cheers,

Ian P.
Operate only by 2D panel.

Ian P
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian P »

Just out of interest, can you try the VC switches please? Shouldn't make any difference, but it'll point stiz in the right direction, or rule out a possibility...

Cheers,

Ian P.

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

Am reviving this thread because I just bought the Anson, installed it into P3D2 and had the same problem with the lights not showing.

I now have them working. Here's what I did:

-- Noticed that all the lines in the [LIGHTS] section of the aircraft.cfg seemed to be commented out - not just the notations at the top but the lines that defined the lights. So...

-- I removed the comment marks.

-- Loaded the aircraft and found that lights were now working, but that I had duplicate, out of position nav lights skewed to the left and downward.

-- Spent an hour or so playing with settings in the .cfg - effects definitions, line numbers, that sort of thing. No effect.

-- So I installed the aircraft into FSX, loaded it without any .cfg edits, and found that the lights worked.

-- Went back to my P3D2 aircraft.cfg and restored the comment marks at the beginning of each line in the lights section.

-- Loaded the aircraft and found that the lights were working and the duplicate nav lights were gone.

I have no idea why this worked, but the solution was to remove the comment marks, load the aircraft, exit, then restore the comment marks.

A couple of small remaining issues:

-- The landing light doesn't show on the model, though the light does illuminate the ground.

-- The file fx_AF_Anson_vclight doesn't appear in the Effects folder. This is the case both in P3D2 and in FSX.

Am not sure if those two facts are related.

The world of FSX and P3D never ceases to amaze me.

Hope this is helpful.

EDIT: I should add that all of this was with version 1.1 - I installed the patch immediately after installing the aircraft. Noted in case it makes a difference.
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

new reply

Return to “Avro Anson MKI”