Sync KAP140 Status With Saitek Multipanel AP

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
fleahead
Airman

Sync KAP140 Status With Saitek Multipanel AP

Post by fleahead »

I've saw another post regarding my question, but I've seen a complete solution to my question.. I have the LVAR list for the KAP140 but all the LVAR's pertain to the animation for pushing the buttons. What I'm looking for after is the data that puts HDG on the KAP140 display panel, and puts the C172 in HDG_HOLD mode when the button is held in. I monitored using SpadNext Data Monitor tool for LVAR data, and each time I operated the HDG button I saw kap140_hdg_button (LVAR) change from 0 to 1, only as long as the button was pushed. I took the time to monitor all the other LVAR's on the Data Monitor list and did not see any other LVAR change when I operated the button. But what I need to know is there somewhere I can monitor to see what causes the KAP screen to change from ROL to HDG and actually put cause to plane in HDG mode.

First off, I guess I should explain what my objective is. I'm basically trying to synchronize the state of the A2A KAP140 panel display, with the button LED's on the Saitek Multipanel Autopilot. It's quite easy to simulate the operation of the buttons on the KAP140 by using the A2A-C172 Configuration tool. Simply assign any keystroke to that function, then assign that keystroke to the appropriate button in SpadNext. That simple operation will work most of the time, but there's no guarantee that it is always accurate, so I have to keep going back to the VC to see what the KAP140 is really doing. For instance, If I push HDG on the Saitek panel, and light the HDG light, but occasionally the KAP140 is still showing ROL, possibly due to contact bounce or timing.
There is also the problem of knowing when ARM is active. It's easy to simulate pushing the button by assigning a keystroke, but without being able to monitor the ARM function, I have no way to tell when ARM goes off when the correct altitude is reached, as it does on the real KAP140 panel.

Any help would be appreciated.
Fleahead
Ohio
MSFS
i7-12700 - RTX4080 - Pimax Crystal

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Sync KAP140 Status With Saitek Multipanel AP

Post by some1 - A2A »

Currently it's not possible, the information is not exported.
Michael Krawczyk

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”