Vehicle Initialization has Failed

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
[email protected]
Airman First Class

Vehicle Initialization has Failed

Post by [email protected] »

I have a new reinstall of P3D v4 and a new reinstall of the Cessna trainer that I downloaded from A2A's new store. On P3D startup I'm getting the message: "Vehicle Initialization has Failed For: C172R N990CP. You will now be placed in visualization only mode." Is there something I have to do to Initailize my A2A license? I did a standard install by following the default prompts and paths for both installations.

[email protected]
Airman First Class

Re: Vehicle Initialization has Failed

Problem solved with video from P3D Forum.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsOibqIV0OQ

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good to hear you are back and running, I guess from the solution your issue was a none clean re-install of P3Dv4?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

[email protected]
Airman First Class

Correction, Issue not completely resolved. I followed instructiond by Poppet from the following link:
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5109 ... ode-error/

I can get rid of the error until I chose the A2A Trainer as my default plane then the error returns on P3D startup. To clarify, if I start P3D with an A2A plane as default, I get the error.

I am using the current up to date versions of both P3D and A2A Trainer.

[email protected]
Airman First Class

I want to do a new clean install of the A2A Trainer but I can't get the old installs out of my windows apps cuz it says "Could Not Open Install.log File." for the P3Dv4 AND the P3Dv3 installs. I have tried reinstalling both just to get them removed. Getting really aggravated. Please tell me how to get all signs of previous v3 and v4 A2A installs off my computer so I can do a clean install of the new files.

[email protected]
Airman First Class

OK, I think I finally got rid of all signs of A2A for P3Dv3. I now have 2 apps installed for my C172 Trainer.

I have the A2A C172 Trainer Professional for P3Dv4 and the Accu-Sim C172 Trainer for Prepar3D v4

Please confirm that these are correct. Two apps installed for one plane?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello maajr57,
[email protected] wrote:I want to do a new clean install of the A2A Trainer but I can't get the old installs out of my windows apps cuz it says "Could Not Open Install.log File." for the P3Dv4 AND the P3Dv3 installs.
Sounds like you still had a copy of the old installer package saved which you tried using, despite downloading its replacement from the new store? For the issue you encountered when trying to uninstall with the old installer, please see the information here.
[email protected] wrote:Please confirm that these are correct. Two apps installed for one plane?
It's not correct to have two entries for the C172 in the program list but one of them is because of the failed uninstallation you mentioned. If you wish, you try the steps in the post linked above to remove the registry entries for the old installation, and then uninstall and reinstall with the new installer.

Thanks,
Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

just to add to Nicks post, you should not be using a complex simulation as the default aircraft, do so can cause all manner of flight corruption so its always advised against doing this for complex simulations including our Accu-sim range of sims.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

[email protected]
Airman First Class

Thank you for the replies gentlemen,

I'm guessing then that the NEW and correct installation is the Accu-Sim C172?
I hope so cuz that's the only one I have now. I traced the missing wos_c172.log file to my recycle bin and restored it and ran UNWISE.exe and got rid of the old installation.

Point noted Lewis about default airplane.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update maajr57. Yes, if the installed version is called " Accu-Sim C172 Trainer for Prepar3D v4" and has the version number 18.12.31.0 then you have the correct version installed.

Regards,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”