KAP 140 doesn't work anylonger

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
wezhei
Airman Basic

KAP 140 doesn't work anylonger

Post by wezhei »

Hi to everybody who's reading this,
today in the afternoon I faced a strange issue on the AP. Whil flying form LKHV to EDTY all of a sudden (mid of the trip) I was not able any longer to activate my AP. Although it worked well before it suddenly stopped. I can press the AP button for .25 sec than very briefly the ROL an VS sign appears, followed by blinking 5 times the AP sign and that's it. The Auto pilot fell asleep. Can repeat this x-times with no change.
Can pls anyone tell my what went wrong?

Heinz

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: KAP 140 doesn't work anylonger

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi Heinz,

Did you check the AP circuit breaker? It might have popped out.
If not try to reload the sim and the aircraft and see if it will appear again, probably it was a glitch.

Cheerz,
Vladi
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Heinz,

Something else to check is that you don't have any hardware connected which is sending a disconnect signal to the autopilot. For example, a pitch trim axis which was a bit noisy would be one possible explanation for the autopilot failing to engage.

Also, as Vladi says, have you confirmed if reloading the flight resolves the issue? We always recommend to keep a default aircraft for the default flight to minimise the risk of loading errors.

Finally, please can you let us know which host sim you're using.

Thanks,
Nick

wezhei
Airman Basic

Post by wezhei »

Hi Nick and Vladi,
the circuit breaker was fine, also reloaded teh sim, even more I fully reinstall the aircraft, no success, but this was alread before the post. Teh solution dropped out with the idea of Nick, I had an interference with my Brunner Yoke which I didn't recognized. Great guys thx for your quick response and great support.
Heinz

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome Heinz and thanks for the update. Good to hear you've resolved the issue.

Best regards,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”