A2A C172 Trainer Install Generates Strange Results

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
tecboy
Airman

A2A C172 Trainer Install Generates Strange Results

Post by tecboy »

Hello All,

This is my first post here, and I am a newbie, as most are when starting out here, I am sure

This one is slightly strange but maybe not in the programming world. Downloaded the A2A C172 Trainer from Simshack. And could not get support from anyone but you guys. Never do that again. ill come straight to you in the future. Installation instructions said that i have to run 3 proggys to complete. First, install the plane. (). Did what it was supposed to and placed the items in the ATA folder. Secondly, run the accu-sim expansion pack. I am assuming that is part of the entire install, as there was no second file to install in the zip file. Third, the core update. Anyway, installed the plane as admin and when I go to select the plane, the thumb that shows some seats and 2 people upside down. everything else is missing including the skin of the plane and ALL. Just upside down seats and s people under the back seats. I tried to send pics but it said my quota was surpassed. Im trying to reach out. I have installed this and it is having major problems. I also purchased another plane and Miami Scenery. Please help

Pics of problems:

1, https://photos.app.goo.gl/GrCrfQsg5DxdySNi8

2. https://photos.app.goo.gl/CbncYkoKkqpQBKsq6

I have a brand new gaming system

CyberPower PC - S2319NX
Model MS-7A38 64 Bit
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Six core processor
3400 MHZ 6 Codecs, 12 logical Processors
8 gig Ram
Video Card; Radeon RX580
3 24" Dell hdmi monitors
Windows 10 64 bit
2 terabyte hard drive

Thanks in advance

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: A2A C172 Trainer Install Generates Strange Results

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the A2A forums tecboy.

Flight Simulator X needs to be properly updated to use the 172, so if you're using the disk (non-Acceleration) version of FSX, please make sure you've installed the two free service packs from Microsoft. Both are needed and they can be downloaded from the links below.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads ... ce-pack-1/
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads ... ce-pack-2/

Thanks,
Nick

tecboy
Airman

Post by tecboy »

Hello,

Already installed sp1, could not install sp2 as it kept asking for an english version of Windows. Searched all over for the answer on that. Many said don't install sp2 as it messes up a bunch of stuff. Don't know how true that it. I am in Windows 10 home. I did notice that after the install of sp1, the plane did appear, but could not start plane, no power at all. Also the interior was corrected from blank to nice interior, but cannot start. I also noticed when using a non a2a plane, after install of sp1, the plane runs fine, but in the background you can see the (loading progress circle), churning the whole time. Like its continuously trying to load something.

Any suggestions?

tecboy
Airman

Post by tecboy »

At wits end with this. Sp2 cannot be installed due to the english thing. Everyone that says they have a fix for it, has not worked. a2a trainer loads but no power to the guages, engine sounds but prop not moving. Think im gonna scrap project and try my luck at pc tiddly winks. Far less stress! Rediculous cant use any payware with fsx. Dissapointing

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello,

If you have a non-English version of Windows, you could try the download links here for FSX SP2 and see if you have more luck. But, yes, I'm afraid the base simulator will need to properly updated for you to use the C172.

Unfortunately this product is no longer fully supported by Microsoft, and the original 'FS Insider' website appears to have been taken down.

Thanks,
Nick

tecboy
Airman

Post by tecboy »

You think I have a non english version of windows? Its not looking for an english version of windows, its looking for an english version of FSX! I have done all that you have asked so far. Spent the last 12 hours, searching for a way to resolve this. Cant understand why service pak 1 can be installed no issues, but service pak 2 says it wants an english version of fsx to continue. I have a valid copy of windows, and a valid copy of flight simulator X. I can use all of the planes in fsx without issue. There just not the nicest planes. Your planes are great. How are other people using new machines doing this? If there using windows 10, I am sure they are having the same problem, unless they have the gold edition, or the accelerator? I guess I have to go out and spend another 100.00 on the gold edition and reinstall everything? :( Maybe in the future a notice letting people know this plane will have problems if installing without the service paks. I purchased 2 planes from you guys. The regular 172 works great, the trainer is the problem? Strange

Thanks

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for clarifying. From Googling the issue, it seems you're not the only one to encounter this problem. (e.g. see here and here)

The advice in the linked threads may be helpful, but I'd suggest a clean reinstall of FSX may be the best bet to start with.

I definitely wouldn't advise paying $100 for the Gold Edition of FSX though, when the Steam Edition which includes some additional improvements can be purchased for $24.99.

Thanks,
Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

I'd suggest dumping the old DVD version as its not really supported and just pick up the Steam edition (Often on sale for $5) its updated beyond SP2, is supported by Dovetail and always up to date. 99% of FSX add-ons will need FSX updated to SP2 minimum as Microsoft made big changes to the sim platform with the two service packs, in particular SP2, so naturally the latest was supported.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

tecboy
Airman

Post by tecboy »

Thanks guys for your help! ok, then will do. I will get the Steam version then. I had heard some other bad things in steam products but that was early in the game. Is there a way when loading the software initially to load with only the trainer, and limited scenery, so that I am not loading everything into memory? I heard that when loading a plane, it loads all of the planes, or scenery, etc, using up the available 4 gig of ram. Apparently, having 32 meg or ram is a waste, because the only allowed amount for these processes is limited to 4g ram. Is this a concern?

tecboy
Airman

Post by tecboy »

ok, uninstalled FSX CD ver, installed Steam ver and all seems ok so far. No oom. I now have to load my scenerys and plane and ill let you know how it goes. Thx

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update tecboy - sounds promising. :)

Merry Christmas!
Nick

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

Is there a way when loading the software initially to load with only the trainer, and limited scenery, so that I am not loading everything into memory? I heard that when loading a plane, it loads all of the planes, or scenery, etc, using up the available 4 gig of ram.
When the sim first loads, it loads your aircraft, the land class textures of the area you are in (mountains, desert, seasonal, etc), the local regional land class textures (including buildings and vegetation and such), and textures of whatever buildings and aircraft are in the direction you are looking. This is usually around 2000 meg (2 gig) and somewhat less with simpler aircraft at small airports, about 1500-1800 meg.

My sim loads a couple of high resolution aircraft textures if they are parked nearby and I look at them. If I look away for a while, the memory use goes back to before. If there are more than one of these aircraft where I am looking, the memory use does not go back, but sticks around. These are up to 250 meg per aircraft. There probably aren't any of these in FSX.

As you fly, new textures are loaded, and these can cause some huge memory jumps. The worst jump I've seen is 900 meg for a new regional land class texture set and this happened twice within 5 minutes of flight once, 2202 to 4083 meg. Usually it is just a couple hundred meg for new land class.

I lowered a few sliders by one notch and the huge jumps went away. Areas almost guaranteed to give OOMs now had no memory jumps. Eventually I'll experiment with exactly which ones fix the problem.

So if you start getting OOMs, just lower some graphics sliders by one notch and you shouldn't have any more problems. Everything so far points to textures being the problem. Don't worry about OOMs until you start getting them.

Hook

tecboy
Airman

Post by tecboy »

Thanks for the info Hook! Got the plane loaded, scenery for Miami, grass textures. Have it wide open on the settings. Flew 2 trips to Miami Beach and back to South Miami, no issues at all. Very stable and no loss of graphics. So far, everything good. Ill keep u posted. Thanks again

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes for FSX if you are not fully loaded you are acutally normally ok, but as soon as you get too modded up then its all a compromise. As primarily a UK sim flyer ive never had any issues as I tend to stick to my little area with a small collection of aircraft and of course a set of scenery that doesnt change hehe 8)

Your own mileage may vary dependant on what kind of simmer you are, I believe the tubeliner crowd where those most hit my OOM errors because of the vast distances, and heavy loads that long 6+ hour flights can cause.

cheers,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

tecboy
Airman

Post by tecboy »

Happy Holidays Lewis,

Thanks for that info. I notice that there are a number of airplanes that I dont use at all! Can all of those be removed? Or is there a need to remove them. Im thinking when the software loads its loading all the planes into memory? Same with the scenery? Just like you said, im doing this for the training more than just flying around. The procedures are most important to me but realism keeps me interested while im learning the procedures. Anything I can do to get rid of the fluff (Airplanes, scenery, etc. to maximize the memory the most efficient way? I was thinking I could load only one plane and get rid of all the others if those are causing me anguish? Im thinking I use one airplane, the trainer and a series of scenery in my local area, and thats it. My pc is pretty robust but still want to cut out the fat.

Maybe there is a boot sequence that limits the proggys that load prior to loading fsx? Was also wondering how textures, and the likes work if you have like city components, grasses, trees, and buildings, and how you pick and choose what you want to use and not use. I guess what I am asking in the realm of things is, are all these things that are listed, planes, scenery, textures, etc. loaded when the proggy is opened or are they ONLY loaded when you select the items to load? If indeed they load prior to flight on their own, I would like to remove those things that I dont need so they are not prematurely loading.

Thanks for your reply -Peace

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”