A2A C172 Trainer Install Generates Strange Results

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: A2A C172 Trainer Install Generates Strange Results

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Do you use AI traffic, you can remove aircraft but its not really needed to be honest. If all you have is your aircraft, and AI traffic set to none all thats loading is your aircraft anyway. Have a google though, sites like Avsim will be able to help you out if you want some general fsx advice about cutting the fat etc.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

I don't know what kind of VAS hit an external AI traffic program can cause. There should be ways to limit this without turning off AI traffic altogether which I doubt many people would want to do unless they were getting a lot of OOMs from it.

I fixed the problem with the 250 meg aircraft I mentioned above by renaming the aircraft.cfg file so that it doesn't load. You shouldn't have to do this with stock FSX aircraft though. This was a Carenado aircraft that came with P3D. If I ever want to fly it I can rename the config file back.

Hook

FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by FAC257 »

Hook,

An easy way to take an aircraft out of the picture is to just rename the "Panel" folder in each aircraft's main folder. I rename the panel folders to "xpanel" for aircraft I don't want showing up in the aircraft selection window. It doesn't change the performance when actually in the sim, but I do believe it speeds up the aircraft selection window process when looking for an aircraft to fly. I do this to any aircraft that I won't be flying. It also leaves the aircraft.cfg file alone so if that aircraft is used as an AI aircraft it will still fly. If you rename the aircraft.cfg, it will stop being used as an AI aircraft.

Lewis mentioned AI traffic, and that is something to really take a look at. From what I remember, I believe the sim loads all AI aircraft that are within 40nm of your location, and not just the ones within sight. If you are flying in the vicinity of a large airport there could be a lot of aircraft that the sim has to "think" about, besides the one you are actually flying.

Forgot to mention:
I use most all of my Carenado aircraft in the GA AI traffic file I use, on top of Global Ultimate Traffic for commercial AI. I have an older system, and I set the traffic slider from really low to pretty high depending on where I'm flying that day.

Forest
FAC257

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

If you rename the aircraft.cfg, it will stop being used as an AI aircraft.
This is exactly the effect I was looking for. :D

The aircraft is still in the bgl file that defines what aircraft are used for AI, but that file has a few that don't exist in P3D so I figured it would work just to remove the aircraft.cfg file. I noticed that the bgl file uses an entry in the cfg file and if the cfg file wasn't there it couldn't be used.

So far this is working great. No huge VAS jumps at airports, just smaller ones you would normally expect, even at ESSA which is a high definition airport. VAS stayed under 3000 meg even when I looked around from external view from the aircraft. I may have OOMs beat, at least on my system.

Hook

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”